Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Martian said:
Thanks for the update J, I'm still waiting for a reply from DSC!

:popcorn:

I thought the v1 would fit all 997s with the Gen1 Carreras needing an additional accelerometer and that 997.1 Turbos and all Gen2 cars were just 'plug and play'.

edgar86 said:
from what i understand , for a 997.2 turbo i need a DSC from .1 turbo or .2 turbo .
Thanks for explaining that .

The Gen1 turbo and Gen2 turbo will use the same DSC module.

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
edgar86 said:
from what i understand , for a 997.2 turbo i need a DSC from .1 turbo or .2 turbo .
Thanks for explaining that .

The Gen1 turbo and Gen2 turbo will use the same DSC module.

Cheers

J

I assumed his question meant 'can I take my DSC from a Gen 1 Turbo to a Gen 2 Turbo?' which you can, no changes needed as you have explained yourself. So the answer 'yes you can' is correct?

Is anyone selling a used DSC V1 for a 997.1 Turbo?

Am Surrey/Berkshire/SW London borders.

Thanks!

Im still looking for a DSC for the Gen1 if anyone has for sale ??

Cheers

J

I have a DSC module that I bought in the group-buy here for a 997.1 Turbo but it's never even been fitted to a car!!

Simply taken out of the packaging to check everything is there then put straight back in the box.

PM me reasonable offers if interested. :thumb:

Legzr1 said:
I have a DSC module that I bought in the group-buy here for a 997.1 Turbo but it's never even been fitted to a car!!

Simply taken out of the packaging to check everything is there then put straight back in the box.

Thanks, but wont work on a Gen1 Carrera S

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Legzr1 said:

Cheers

J

It will if you also buy an accelerometer from 9e for c£250 + fitting.

It would probably be worth your while as given the additional hassle of fitting these units to a 997.1 I doubt that anyone will bother to get it uninstalled before sale so you might have a long wait.

T8 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Legzr1 said:

Cheers

J

It will if you also buy an accelerometer from 9e for c£250 + fitting.

It would probably be worth your while as given the additional hassle of fitting these units to a 997.1 I doubt that anyone will bother to get it uninstalled before sale so you might have a long wait.

Fitting an accel box into a wiring loom wouosnt be a problem, id fit a plug on it so if i decide to sell up for say.. 991 gen2 :grin: ill simply unplug it and off !

Ok as for the Turbo DSC, Sorry but it wont work! Turbo gen1 and Turbo gen2 will work as they both the same, Carrera S gen1 and Carrera gen2 are different,

3 different versions, canbus speed is different , yes for the gen1 you will need the accel box and on the gen2 and turbo has them built in the loom.

The software of the 3 different versions are different to each other so it wont work, ill need the DSC from a Gen1.

Can buy it but will have to have the DSC box sent to the US to re-program is for the correct car as Ken dont have that technology as he said they wont allow that and will cost approx £250 if i remember.. is it will cost me more so not worth my while.. etc..

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Sorry but it wont work! Turbo gen1 and Turbo gen 2 will work as they bith the same, carrera s gen 1 and carrera gen 2 are different,

3 different versions, canbus speed is different , yes for the Gen1 you will need the accel box on gen2 and turbo has them built in the loom.

The software of the 3 different versions arw different so it wont work, ill need the DSC from a Gen1.

The way I read the information from TPC is that the v1 box is the same but the configuration of the accelerometer is different.

https://www.tpcracing.com/product/dsc-sport-v3-controller/

As long as you get the right accelerometer the v1 box will work. :dont know:

T8 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Sorry but it wont work! Turbo gen1 and Turbo gen 2 will work as they bith the same, carrera s gen 1 and carrera gen 2 are different,

3 different versions, canbus speed is different , yes for the Gen1 you will need the accel box on gen2 and turbo has them built in the loom.

The software of the 3 different versions arw different so it wont work, ill need the DSC from a Gen1.

The way I read the information from TPC is that the v1 box is the same but the configuration of the accelerometer is different.

Maybe Ken and the guys from TPC racing Lied to me after speaking to them?

I had many offers for a DSC from a turbo as cheap as £650, why didnt i buy it?

J

-- 997 -- said:

:?

I was only trying to help.

Personally I'd ask Ken the question again but that's up to you. :bye:

-- 997 -- said:
T8 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

On pages 3 and 4 of this thread, and further repeats of the same information later on, the explanation seems reasonably clear what is required for 997.1 and 997.2,
Would it be possible that you may have misinterpreted the information rather than assert that you have been lied to by TPC and Ken?

pzero said:
-- 997 -- said:
T8 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

On pages 3 and 4 of this thread, and further repeats of the same information later on, the explanation seems reasonably clear what is required for 997.1 and 997.2,
Would it be possible that you may have misinterpreted the information rather than assert that you have been lied to by TPC and Ken?

Ok, i know ken isnt lieing cos i spoke to him on a few occasions and was really helpful in explaining all this, what he said and what Tom said from TPC are exactly the same which is what i posted above, below is a copy of the Email sent from Tom at TPC, i researched this thoroughly...

Cheers.

J

Attachments

• screenshot_20191222_144955_samsung_internet_544.jpg
    screenshot_20191222_144955_samsung_internet_544.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 2,735

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage