Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello baby Hello!!

Good to meet you today Stoddy and Rufus on the way to Wales.

Car looks great but stay away from fairy liquid!!

Like the red and gold....enjoy!

Hans Gruber said:
Good to meet you today Stoddy and Rufus on the way to Wales.

Car looks great but stay away from fairy liquid!!

And you man! Always good to meet a fellow Porsche fan! Don't worry, I'm killing all the fairies I can at the moment. 🤫

Attachments

• 8a2b4c32_d29b_4721_8dfd_0b6ed65ea57b_515.jpeg
    8a2b4c32_d29b_4721_8dfd_0b6ed65ea57b_515.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,340
Thanks for all the tips and links folks, love this forum! ( and compliments of course😬)

I'm totally in love with this car, every Drive, I get to know it a little bit more.
Met Chris Denning the other day, what a gentleman! I'm going to start a service plan with him in the new year.
Question, slightly rattily sunroof, any suggestions? And my near side driving light seems to have some condensation on the inside?? I haven't investigated yet but will after Christmas.
Really fancy a sports exhaust, so have been watching closely on the other thread. Are the Top gear switcheables easy to install? Also, really keen on a rear wing but all in good time I guess!

Looking forward to some Welsh road driving early in the new year for any South Wales/ Gloucester regional types!?

Ooh, Got some car shampoo too.

:thumbs:

Attachments

• 447a2dd5_d934_4242_8dcb_bdaddc2cecf7_988.jpeg
    447a2dd5_d934_4242_8dcb_bdaddc2cecf7_988.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,257
You got the shampoo but somebody will be along in a minute about the sponge...

Ishay said:

I think Stoddy is well on the way to Obsessive Compulsive Detailing, and will soon be equipping himself with a unicorn-hair washmit.

My biggest worry is the rear wiper, which has been left standing up... it's easy to knock it back flat and for the blade to spin round and scratch the C pillar... I know from bitter experience. :sad:

Robertb said:
Ishay said:

I think Stoddy is well on the way to Obsessive Compulsive Detailing, and will soon be equipping himself with a unicorn-hair washmit.

My biggest worry is the rear wiper, which has been left standing up... it's easy to knock it back flat and for the blade to spin round and scratch the C pillar... I know from bitter experience. :sad:

I didn't think the 997 wiper could do that? My 996 came with those scratches already done. Took me a while to work out where they'd come from, till I did it myself! :frustrated:

Ishay said:

Oh blimey, what's up with the sponge? :dont know:

Stoddy said:
Ishay said:

Congrats on your purchase! :thumbs:

Sponge = scratchalicious :wack:

Take a look at Jon's Forensic Detailing channel, loads of really useful insights on looking after your car and no paid for advertisements! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xain_ryPN0

The winner of their testing on wash 'media' was the chenille wash mitt style product like below. Enjoy the ride!

Merry Xmas!

Attachments

• 2009_mitt_thumb_left_s_1296x_196.jpg
    2009_mitt_thumb_left_s_1296x_196.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,093
Stoddy said:
Ishay said:

Im sure its fine... just stick it in a cool wash regularly to get the grit out.

I see my neighbour washing her car with a washing-up sponge and kitchen jug full of water and wonder if we overcomplicate things.

Cheers fellas,

I'll grab a mit I think but I'm really careful with the sponge too. Washing it is a good idea. Those wheels take a bit of cleaning I can tell ya!
Looking in to a ceramic coating in the new year too.

Merry Christmas!

Stoddy :thumbs:

Ishay said:

I'm sure it's only for the wheels :grin: :dont know: :pc:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back