Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting new front seatbelts 997.1 C4

Lordturpin

Silverstone
I have managed to secure some nice red seat-belts to replace the rather dull black ones i currently have.

I am looking to try and fit these this Friday but i cant find any video instructions anywhere ? Any ideas ?

They look in good condition but I want to fully extend them to give them a clean.

However I can't get them to extend, they lock after an inch of travel, I have them upright and tried lots of jingling but no luck.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• e35f0624_c43f_4653_800d_b6359213e153_501.jpeg
    e35f0624_c43f_4653_800d_b6359213e153_501.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,631
Seat belts should have the belt wrapped around them a few times when not in the car to stop this happening .

You have to hold the belt in the same position its fitted to in the car .. you need to feed in as much of the belt as you can to release the internal lock then pull it out .

It normally works but you really have to get it all into the belt to free it off and they look pretty tight to be honest .

To fit these you need B pillar trim removed , C pillar trim and the quarter panels removed .

Pm me an email addy and i'll dig out anything i can find to help out .

Just done all mine, see here http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130851 Make sure you remove the seats, much easier job then

Re the locking you'll find once into position they will extend immediately :thumb:

Thanks for those links/hints.

I will only be changing front belts at this point so i assume no need to remove seats ?

I also dont have any pretensioner so am i right to assume there is no no need to unplug battery ?

Lordturpin said:
Thanks for those links/hints.

I will only be changing front belts at this point so i assume no need to remove seats ?

I also dont have any pretensioner so am i right to assume there is no no need to unplug battery ?

100% remove the seats! Its a ten minute job and will make the fitment dramatically easier :thumb:

They are easy to do and you really don't need to remove the seats to do it.

The rears are a right pain though.

Google it as there are loads of step by step guides.

Remember to disconnect the battery

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back