Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Turbo thoughts now the new Macan GTS is here.

991.2GTS

Imola
4 weeks into ownership, and I wish I'd have waited. :frustrated:

While the Turbo is a very nice place to spend time, and does all the boring stuff very well, it doesn't feel as agile or as planted as my previous GTS. Which is understandable I guess, but I didn't think the difference would be so noticeable.

When you floor it, and the Turbos kick in, it certainly shifts. But like all Turbo variants, it's a bit of a sledgehammer. I prefer going round corners quickly, rather than in a straight line, and if the new GTS is anything like the old one, it will be better for that.

Also, the new Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB) that come as standard on the Turbo, but are an option on the GTS, are far too grabby for me when driving normally. To the point where they can be really annoying. I'd go back to ordinary steels in an instant if I could.

So, I'm considering chopping in the Turbo and ordering a GTS.

I've ordered a GTS. What's the lead time? I haven't heard from OPC.

Thanks for the heads up on the brakes. It will mainly be driven by my Mrs and yeah, I reckon grabby brakes would drive her potty.

We've really enjoyed the GTS so far. Does everything well. I was really surprised how well it handles for a big bus!!

Norfolk & Idea said:
I've ordered a GTS. What's the lead time? I haven't heard from OPC.

Thanks for the heads up on the brakes. It will mainly be driven by my Mrs and yeah, I reckon grabby brakes would drive her potty.

We've really enjoyed the GTS so far. Does everything well. I was really surprised how well it handles for a big bus!!

Apparently Porsche have made a change to the PSCB already, and the new ones are less grabby. However, I'd still go with steels.

I loved my GTS, and might learn to love the Turbo. I haven't given it enough time really, and I've only just run it in, so haven't been able to really give it any welly. The brakes are annoying though.

I've spoken to Leeds about a GTS and they haven't got their allocation yet. So, not sure on lead time, they did say they had 10 pre-orders for it though. Which seems a bit low.

I'm also waiting to hear back from both Colchester and Silverstone. Having slept on it, I doubt I'm going to do it though, as it looks like I'll get rinsed on the Turbo in p/x.

Would this beat 28 days :eek: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back