Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap Gen 2 (Probably for a reason...)

Judging by some of the other cars on the driveway, you can imagine whet the owner/seller looks like.

On face value, given it hasn't had more hits than Elvis, it would be definitely with a look at £18k.
Let's imagine you get another 150k(not unreasonable to expect) out of the engine. At 10k per year, that's 15 years of driving.
So long as it's a high miler, and that's it. Defs worth a look there is a couple of bucks in that wing on eBay as well.

High miles, cat D, needs to be half retail price. It's not far off! Little bit cheaper not sure there's much to lose, seats look well too.

Seats look like they don't belong :?:

I know, it's because they are a different colour :floor:

My money is that the airbags went off on them and he found a bargain red pair :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Seats look like they don't belong :?:

I know, it's because they are a different colour :floor:

My money is that the airbags went off on them and he found a bargain red pair :thumb:

:hand: Red leather, black car how dare you :hand:

wooyeah.gif

Take the silly wing off, do a few jobs, get a service & bobs your uncle,
no one knows the mileage anyway. Gen2 911 for nice money.

If you can test it check it out 1st & get some money off then very tempting.

If you're buying around Christmas/New Year, you should be able to pick up a bargain for cash.

This isn't so bad, just swap the rims for some not-black ones, remove the dreadful "privacy" dark glass, and remove and flog the wing, and Bob's Your Uncle.

And you might even be able to sell that plate to someone else aspiring to pretend to be driving a GT2.

jkhamler said:
Do you reckon it would be worth the time and cost to de-Croydonify (remove the wing, fit original wheels etc.) to return it to factory spec, or would be wiser to spend a bit more on a tidier non molested/written off example?

MOT history is very good and it seems like it's just become an un-used car (2k miles in the last 3 years). It's priced right for what it is and is a perfectly viable option for someone with a sub-£20k budget.

Whether it's worth the effort to turn it back to original ....... :dont know:

I agree with SBSP 30k would buy you a 60k not catD, its cheap but not cheap enough 17.5/18k is where it needs to be at IMO :thumb: :thumb:

Alarm bells ring on this car, something just dont look right!! Seats? Strange.. if air bags were triggered on the original seats then what are the chances of getting the Red over Black, you can find Black seats almost anywhere but the geezer found Red???

The spoiler is hideous, will take some to put back to standard look!!

I wouldnt touch!! Seems like theres more to a Hidden history.

J

-- 997 -- said:
Alarm bells ring on this car, something just dont look right!! Seats? Strange.. if air bags were triggered on the original seats then what are the chances of getting the Red over Black, you can find Black seats almost anywhere but the geezer found Red???

The spoiler is hideous, will take some to put back to standard look!!

I wouldnt touch!! Seems like theres more to a Hidden history.

J

I really like those seats :grin: Red with black or silver looks amazing. I think this time of year at 17K you couldn't go wrong really :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back