Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FOXWELL NT OBD Code Reader + Resetting Tool

-- 997 --

Hi all, anyone here have the Foxwell NT handheld OBD tool? Would be giid for some input on it? I.e. resetting, Airbag, oil service, rear tailgate spoiler disabling etc..

Cheers.

J

I have the Foxwell NT 520 with the Porsche specific software. I believe the latest version of the software will do all the things you mention and lots more..although I bought mine last year to disable the rear spoiler lift which it easily achieved. Others will need to confirm the other functionality.

I also have the Foxwell NT520, also used for coding our rear spoiler. The coding seems to work well and fault message clearing. However mine will not clear the oil reset despite talking to the supplier they have not managed a resolution on this.

Hi all, thanks for the input!! I actually have the PIWIS Porsche OEM software on Laptop and have an image copy on USB for the Panasonic CF30 Laptop but i need the hardware for it which is the Samtec HSX OBDII wiring etc. Decided to also have a small handheld device for the most common faults etc...

Done some heavy reading and the Foxwell is a really good system with good reviews! , as the NT520 has been replaced with the NT530 the porsche software has also been updated with known issues or bugs and does much much more than the earlier versions.. i managed to purchase a new one for £100 free shipping also, and soon as it arrives its when i have to download the porsche specific software to the device...

The icarsoft, looks good with the screen but the processing speed is slow and lags, dont have patience for that!. .

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Hi all, thanks for the input!! I actually have the PIWIS Porsche OEM software on Laptop and have an image copy on USB for the Panasonic CF30 Laptop but i need the hardware for it which is the Samtec HSX OBDII wiring etc. Decided to also have a small handheld device for the most common faults etc...

Done some heavy reading and the Foxwell is a really good system with good reviews! , as the NT520 has been replaced with the NT530 the porsche software has also been updated with known issues or bugs and does much much more than the earlier versions.. i managed to purchase a new one for £100 free shipping also, and soon as it arrives its when i have to download the porsche specific software to the device...

The icarsoft, looks good with the screen but the processing speed is slow and lags, dont have patience for that!. .

Cheers

J

Pm in your inbox :thumb:

Hi, @ Blooders & Systech1,

When you code your rear spoiler front Extraction to Fixed does it disable it straight away? After disabling the rear spoiler what do you do next? Exit out of the menu or have to save settings or anything etc?

Ive tried to enable the spoiler to extract but doesnt seem to enable that even thou its selected would i need to drive the car for the spoiler function to kick in? As ive not driven the car yet to check if the spoiler extracts.. thought maybe once spoiler extract is selected you can then control the open and close function straight away from the dashboard control panel!

If that makes sence?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Hi, @ Blooders & Systech1,

When you code your rear sp BBM oiler front Extraction to Fixed does it disable it straight away? After disabling the rear spoiler what do you do next? Exit out of the menu or have to save settings or anything etc?

Ive tried to enable the spoiler to extract but doesnt seem to enable that even thou its selected would i need to drive the car for the spoiler function to kick in? As ive not driven the car yet to check if the spoiler extracts.. thought maybe once spoiler extract is selected you can then control the open and close function straight away from the dashboard control panel!

If that makes sence?

Cheers

J

In short..yes. Once I disabled the lift I could no longer manually lift the spoiler via the switch. Similarly once you have enabled the lift you should be able to lift the spoiler via the switch. It will of course only lift automatically at speed.

-- 997 -- said:
Hi all, anyone here have the Foxwell NT handheld OBD tool? Would be giid for some input on it? I.e. resetting, Airbag, oil service, rear tailgate spoiler disabling etc..

Cheers.

J

Hi, i have one but it wont reset service reminder, which was the main reason i bought one :nooo:

-997- I have the Foxwell NT520, with the Porsche software on it. Not sure where you are based, but if nearby you are welcome to have a look. Am near Leighton Buzzard.

I haven't used it much for the Porsche (thankfully not had cause), but have used it on other cars. It was great on my Volvo XC90. Had an issue that could have been caused by several different things. The Foxwell was able to interrogate the Volvo software and show which component had failed. The saving from that alone paid for the Foxwell...

Kingb4 said:
-997- I have the Foxwell NT520, with the Porsche software on it. Not sure where you are based, but if nearby you are welcome to have a look. Am near Leighton Buzzard.

I haven't used it much for the Porsche (thankfully not had cause), but have used it on other cars. It was great on my Volvo XC90. Had an issue that could have been caused by several different things. The Foxwell was able to interrogate the Volvo software and show which component had failed. The saving from that alone paid for the Foxwell...

Hi Kingb4, am based in in North London, away on training at the moment, would like to try sometime to see if my NT530 is functioning correctly and see if your NT520 activates my rear spoiler from fixed to extract as it changes from fixed to extract but when pressing the button inside on the panel wont open or close, maybe am doing something wrong? Would i need to drive the car for the function to kick in? Baffled!

:?

Cheers

J

Hello

No problem of you want to try the NT520 to activate your spoiler. Just send me a message on here and we can sort a time.
(I havent actually tried this on my 996, so wont be able to offer much advice).

Cheers
Ben

Kingb4 said:
Hello

No problem of you want to try the NT520 to activate your spoiler. Just send me a message on here and we can sort a time.
(I havent actually tried this on my 996, so wont be able to offer much advice).

Cheers
Ben

Cheers ben :thumb: will let ya know!!

J

Following this as I too am looking into a suitable scanner.

Over the years ive had various hand helds which are never that great. For my track car I have VagCom on the laptop (Vag only)- I see PIWIS mentioned....... As I will be looking to install cruise control can I use one of the handhelds to activate it, or do i need PIWIS and if so, where can I purchase it from? :) Hopefully can then just buy an OBD2 to USB like I have for VagCom.

Thanks all :worship:

Shandythegreat said:
Following this as I too am looking into a suitable scanner.

Over the years ive had various hand helds which are never that great. For my track car I have VagCom on the laptop (Vag only)- I see PIWIS mentioned....... As I will be looking to install cruise control can I use one of the handhelds to activate it, or do i need PIWIS and if so, where can I purchase it from? :) Hopefully can then just buy an OBD2 to USB like I have for VagCom.

Thanks all :worship:

You will need PIWIS which regards to dignostic and more technical programming that goes more indepth of the car to do what you want. I have the PIWIS but not the hardware yet, a mate of mine sells them on Harddrive pre-installed for the CF30 Panasonic Laptop with PET which is worth the buy if your looking to have PIWIS.

cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back