Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

lights look great. i have seen them on a few 997 Turbos so maybe an option when bought new.

no GT3 badge as well?? 8)

RXP. said:
oh wow. Well done.

I did consider returning back to oem and either keeping them as is or doing red laminex or something similar, however i fear it would look pants so either oem or all red oems.

I am kinda done with the led jobbies ( came with the car along with oems )

I still like the OEM lamps tbh. Might chop and change when I fancy a different look.

I loved the Dectanes I fitted to my 996. But these were added in my attempt to take 10 years off the age of the car.

However, I love the non LED status of the 997.1. Kinda retro having candle bulbs.

NLW73 said:
lights look great. i have seen them on a few 997 Turbos so maybe an option when bought new.

Yeah. Common option tick for Turbos,

& GT3's & GT2's it seems.

No GT3 badge. Ermmmm. About that. It might be a cleverly cropped photo.
Haven't actually got around to moving it across 20mm to add the C.

NLW73 said:

Uncropped photo. Guilty as charged. But I did promise.....so it will be converted to GT3C very soon.

(Does it make it any less offensive that I have the slightly more discreet smaller GT3 badge from the RS & 991? No!? Didn't think so)

Off to Bicester tomorrow am. Looking forward to another drive out & about.

Car all washed & forecast looks kind so might even look clean still when we get there.

Not sure what the PCGB members will think of my new addition to the rear? I think they might cancel my membership for inventing a new model 🤣

Oh well.

Made it in & out of a PCGB event without getting arrested. Result!!!

Next meet is the Xmas ACE

C11BRA said:
Made it in & out of a PCGB event without getting arrested. Result!!!

:floor: :floor: :floor: but were they standing in small groups wearing red trousers , drinking tea from a flask and pointing at you :grin: :grin:

So. The next tweak on the list was to upgrade my aero kit rear wing to look more like the GT3 wing. So, after much research on the Gurney strip, I decided that I wasn't willing to pay the £250/£280 for the Porsche plastic part. Just seems outrageous for a piece of plastic. I took some measurements from a real GT3 inside the Hangar at Xmas Bicester recently.

Then had a spoiler made (overseas) to my exact dimensions. (30% higher, let's call it Weissach spec). They manufactured & delivered it in about 1 week for under £50!

Quote said:
I want every Porsche to be the same as when it left the factory, no after market nonsense whatsoever. That's why I'm not a huge fan of backdating, such as the stuff Singer produce. They are nice to look at, but it's still wrong in my eyes. :finger:

I find this a strange outlook. In simple terms; take a Standard Carrera then add a Mezger or GT3 suspension all done at an OPC such as Manthey. Maybe even fit an Inconel exhaust like they use in WRC or F1; which by any matrix you care to measure it by is far superior to what it replaces, how could anyone for a moment consider that deviating from what Porsche built as standard was wrong. I find this truly baffling. Many RS owners replace RS parts with Porsche CUP or other Motorsport parts to improve their cars...

C11BRA said:
Oooooh. This could stir the hornests nest!

How about I remove the 3 from GT3 and replace it with the Black C from the Carrera badge?

Porsche GTC

GT'C'

C for Carrera
C for Copy
C for Clone
C for Coc|<
C for Cr@p
C for C***

We already have the unofficial CLR

And the Singer DLS

Surely GTC is a compromise.

(Withdrawn to safe distance)

What does unofficial mean? Regarding your car, I personally think it looks perfectly fine and the badges are of completely no relevance in the grand scheme of things. Your car, but if others sway your decision then so be it, but in your shoes, I'd stand strong and do whatever it is that you feel most happy about. I however have big daft red bumpers on mine so perhaps take a pinch of salt with any guidance from me :thumb:

The Isy GT2RS is a great creation and no doubt an expensive process. Hats off to him for seeing his project through regardless of cost; mission creep no doubt got the better of him, again I can't possible comment further on this front :grin:

Hi ELA.

I've read about your car. Very impressive.

I've loved modifying all my cars. It's what makes me tick. Yes, I've made some bad decisions on occasions but hey, it's all for fun.

When I said unofficial about the CLR model, I simply meant that it wasn't a Porsche factory model (or was it?). I quite like these new models that are made up (especially the CLR & the newly released GT3C) Gives the purists something to talk about too.

Your car is built for performance. Mine is not. But it's still a tweaked Carrera at the end of the day so it's no slouch.

Apologies for the dark photos but I grabbed an opportunity yesterday to fit this in the dark.

Here is the spoiler pre-gurney.

I removed the top blade via 4 rather tight (due to thread loc) 4mm Allen key C/S bolts. This allowed me to polish the void where the blade meets the main spoiler (satisfying).

I also thought I would invert the rear mounts (not forgetting to align the front mount) to give the increased spoiler angle. Just for fun. The GT3 spoiler is properly adjustable but I read about this on another thread so I thought I'd give it a go. I also read that it actually lowers your lap time around Laguna Seca by a few seconds due to increased drag knocking a few KPH off your top speed down the straights. Errrrr. I live in London so not sure my A406 times will be affected.

I took the measurements front the REAL GT3 and marked out my preferred location of the Gurney in masking tape.

I absolutely love the result. For £50! And no drilling.

I'll get some better photos when I fit my carbon intakes.

And here's a before & after of the spoiler now in A406 attack mode.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back