Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car went bang now lost propulsion!

barefoot

Monza
I have a late 2002 996 Tiptronic Turbo had it 4 years its never missed a beat. Out in it the other day car ran fine then later on in the journey I floored the throttle at around 20mph and there was a huge bang from the back! There was a continual grinding knocking noise with each wheel revolution as I slowed down it drove into a car park I was right next to but once the RAC came it lost drive. The engine has good oil pressure and ticks over OK but it sounds to me like the box has gone. Anyone any ideas what it sounds like and if its a box what sort of money am I looking at?

Drive shaft?

or 2nd gear on the gearbox ?

Goodluck, hope its not to painful or expensive

Hi

If we are taking bets, then my money is on driveshaft. I certainly hope so for your sake unless it has caused big damage when it let go.

Please let us know!

Berni

Driveshaft splines broken in the CV joint. It will spin and make noise but no drive.

MC

did not think of the crown wheel....this is a good shout also

I have been busy so not got round to getting the car seen to. It was a bloody loud bang when it went! I managed to drive it slowly off into a car park. I had it taken home on a low loader it was just about moving I got it back off the wagon but then lost all movement back and forward trying to drive it into my garage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back