Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tennessee in the 993. The end of the most amazing road trip.

tyinsky said:
L1050713-1024x683.jpg

I'd guess that 95% of those looking at this picture have no idea what they are missing out on. Hopefully there were a few double doubles and some animal style fries in that bag (great company btw). I just found this thread as I don't check here often but I wish I'd seen it during your trip. As an expat living in the US it would have been great to have met up around the mid west. Kudos for making it happen & enjoying it.

But what did the cop say when he tried to run your euro plates? Had no clue you could ship your car over here and do this without registration. Please explain!

tyinsky said:
jhrfc said:
really enjoyable read.
did you have any problems with authorities on the road, not recognising the plates?
Also, would be interested to know eventually what was up with your aircon, I'm off round france in two weeks, and am hoping it will keep me cool! freshly re-gassed.

Sorry, I missed this.

No issues at all. Was stopped once for speeding and let off with a warning.

Aircon will be tackled over winter, hopefully not the bit behind the dash but I suspect it will be. Hope France was good. :thumbs:

Realpolitik said:
But what did the cop say when he tried to run your euro plates? Had no clue you could ship your car over here and do this without registration. Please explain!

tyinsky said:
jhrfc said:
really enjoyable read.
did you have any problems with authorities on the road, not recognising the plates?
Also, would be interested to know eventually what was up with your aircon, I'm off round france in two weeks, and am hoping it will keep me cool! freshly re-gassed.

Sorry, I missed this.

No issues at all. Was stopped once for speeding and let off with a warning.

Aircon will be tackled over winter, hopefully not the bit behind the dash but I suspect it will be. Hope France was good. :thumbs:

Have a look in tyinsky's excellent blog;
https://aircooledbug.co.uk/temporarily-importing-and-insuring-a-car-in-the-usa/

Nurburger said:
tyinsky said:

I'd guess that 95% of those looking at this picture have no idea what they are missing out on. Hopefully there were a few double doubles and some animal style fries in that bag (great company btw). I just found this thread as I don't check here often but I wish I'd seen it during your trip. As an expat living in the US it would have been great to have met up around the mid west. Kudos for making it happen & enjoying it.

Absolutely. Although my tastes have changed over the years. I started off eating Double Double Animal Style burgers with fries and Neapolitan shakes, but have progressed to a more sophisticated and health conscious cheeseburger with Animal fries and a chocolate shake. Being an Englishman, the shake is always saved until the end of the meal and treated as pudding.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back