Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear drains blocking

deMort

Monaco
We have had 2 Cayennes in recently with rear end water leaks ..

2011 and 2012 model years .. both have had the rear sunroof water drains blocked.

In one case the water leaking onto the amp and rear control unit .. amp had to be replaced .

You can drop the back of the headlining , remove the D pillar trims and just about get at the drains to remove them and blow through .

A heads up basically to get your cars checked .

Some images below including a pretty nasty roof seal .

Attachments

• nasty_seals_126.jpg
    nasty_seals_126.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 2,741
  • drain_tube_area_112.jpg
    drain_tube_area_112.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 2,741
  • amp_287.jpg
    amp_287.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 2,741
  • drain_pipe_187.jpg
    drain_pipe_187.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 2,740
Is the boot hinge and strut setup different on the later models? I dont have a sunroof fortunately but still had the hinge drains block up causing water to drip into the boot :sad: :roll:

They are both very different so this won't apply to your car young man .

You do need to make sure your front drain bulkhead grommets are removed though .. behind the front arch liner and rear section of it .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126518

What can happen should your car get wet !

One of the first jobs I did was remove the front grommets! Fortunately no water had pooled :thumb:

Bumping this thread as i've seen another one today .. lift up the spare wheel lid .. tool kit area and see if its damp there .. if so you have this issue ..

One today was soaking wet in this area and i only saw it as i was getting the locking wheel nut key out .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back