Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: Multimedia iPod Y Cable for PCM 3.0

badbadtz

So I bought a Bovee 1000 and just realised I have the wrong iPod connector cable :x I need the Y-cable with the extra USB power

Part no. 997-612-471-02

Thanks in advance.

pretty sure i have one at home if you can wait for this evening to check

Gizmo750 said:
pretty sure i have one at home if you can wait for this evening to check

No rush mate. Greatly appreciated if you could check :thumb:

If Gizmo hasn't got one the OPCs usually hold them in stock and cost is around £30 :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
If Gizmo hasn't got one the OPCs usually hold them in stock and cost is around £30 :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil :thumb: I also noticed design911 sells it

Yeah, I have one - also have the Bovee unit too but you already have that.

How does £20 plus postage sound

Gizmo750 said:
Yeah, I have one - also have the Bovee unit too but you already have that.

How does £20 plus postage sound

Hey apologies for the slow reply but the Christmas parties have started and it was a late one :oops:

It's a shame I already ordered the Bovee otherwise I could have bought both from you. Can I get back to you please regarding just the cable as I'm tempted to splice a USB into my existing cable and save a few quid

Cheers

no problem, its unlikely to be going anywhere quickly

Gizmo750 said:
no problem, its unlikely to be going anywhere quickly

Random question for you...you dont happen to own a multimeter / circuit tester do you? :D I'm trying to find the schematics / pin outs of the Y cable so I know which 2 pins are hooked from the USB power (probably pin 16 & 23)

I love reading some of these things , I so wish I had the mindset that thinks I want to make one and save £30 . I have the mindset that thinks buy it and sod off to the boozer :grin: :grin: hope you get what you need to fabricate it . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I love reading some of these things , I so wish I had the mindset that thinks I want to make one and save £30 . I have the mindset that thinks buy it and sod off to the boozer :grin: :grin: hope you get what you need to fabricate it . :thumb:

Haha thanks mate. Yeah I feel cheated having to buy a cable for the sake of soldering 2 wires from a USB lead yet I've just left a bar in Mayfair where I was happy to spend more than that on 2 drinks :bonk:

badbadtz said:
Phil 997 said:

Haha thanks mate. Yeah I feel cheated having to buy a cable for the sake of soldering 2 wires from a USB lead yet I've just left a bar in Mayfair where I was happy to spend more than that on 2 drinks :bonk:

:floor: :floor: isn't that just the weird way our minds work :grin: :grin:

Just to update:

I did ended up working out all the pinouts from the ipod 9-pin DIN. It's unpowered hence the need to chop in a USB to power the Bovee 1000 bluetooth adaptor. Pins 16 (USB GND) & 23 (USB 5V) on the 30-pin ipod connector.

Tested and working nicely 8) great sound over bluetooth and i'm able to skip through the tracks using Spotify (no song/album names unfortunately)

Attachments

• img_20191211_124237_527.jpg
    img_20191211_124237_527.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 1,559
badbadtz said:
Just to update:

I did ended up working out all the pinouts from the ipod 9-pin DIN. It's unpowered hence the need to chop in a USB to power the Bovee 1000 bluetooth adaptor. Pins 16 (USB GND) & 23 (USB 5V) on the 30-pin ipod connector.

Tested and working nicely 8) great sound over bluetooth and i'm able to skip through the tracks using Spotify (no song/album names unfortunately)

Great bit of DIY mate and good to hear its all working well . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
badbadtz said:
Just to update:

Great bit of DIY mate and good to hear its all working well . :thumb:

Cheers Phil :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back