Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PPI - Anyone tried porscheinspections.com?

991.2GTS

Imola
I'm looking at a car at 911virgin.com and suggested RPM Technik for the PPI, but they said they wouldn't want them to do it as they are a competitor.

They have suggested Porsche Torque, Jaz Porsche or porscheinspections.com

Does anyone have any experience with any of those, or any feedback.

Thanks.

Personally I wouldn't bother.
911Virgin cars are the best of the best and they will stick to them like glue if anything goes wrong and in any case two of those that you mention contract to 911Virgin.

kas750 said:
Personally I wouldn't bother.
911Virgin cars are the best of the best and they will stick to them like glue if anything goes wrong and in any case two of those that you mention contract to 911Virgin.

Thanks for the feedback. From the reading I've done, they certainly do have a great reputation.

I'm still a bit wary though. That's not a reflection on 911virgin, more a reflection of the some of the horror stories I've read about other dealers.

Porsche Torque and JAZ Porsche are solid, no worries with those two.
But as above, 911Virgin are a class act and will look after you.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a PPI if buying from them but it's obviously a personal choice.
I bought my current steed, 991.1 GTS, from them over a year ago and as I had previous experience of them I bought it over the phone, unseen save for the web pictures.

Enjoy. :thumb:

pzero said:
Porsche Torque and JAZ Porsche are solid, no worries with those two.
But as above, 911Virgin are a class act and will look after you.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a PPI if buying from them but it's obviously a personal choice.
I bought my current steed, 991.1 GTS, from them over a year ago and as I had previous experience of them I bought it over the phone, unseen save for the web pictures.

Enjoy. :thumb:

Thanks. I'm going to see the car tomorrow. :thumb:

I used porscheinspections.com when I bought my 993 back in August. They were excellent, very professional and thorough. You get a 30+ page report, and a HPI check. The inspector (Bob, I think) was very knowledgeable and for £400 I thought it was money well spent.
That was, however, a private purchase. I would save my money if using 911Virgin; their reputation is second to none.

I used porscheinspections.com to undertake a PPI check on a 997 at RSJ. Like 911Virgin, RSJ have a great reputation and stand behind a very strong warranty.

The general advice was that I didn't need to have the PPI done because of who I was buying from. That's probably right, so why did I have it done?

I asked Joel at RSJ if he was happy to have Porsche Inspections do a PPI check on the car before I bought it, he said that he was happy to do so, he's worked with them before and added that whilst I should feel confident with their warranty and that it clearly wouldn't be good business for RSJ's business to sell a lemon, he understood that I might want the additional assurance as this was my first venture into 911 ownership.

From my perspective, I didn't want to have to rely on the warranty if anything went wrong and would rather have most issues pre-empted through a thorough PPI check.

So I had the PPI check done by Bob at Porsche Inspections earlier this week. He called me after he had finished the checks and confirmed that the car was a very good car, RSJ were a great dealership to buy from and their warranty was very good. There were a few issues that he picked up on (coolant hoses, a/c condenser, RMS and some exhaust fixings). The call was followed up within a few hours with a comprehensive written report (27 pages). I discussed the findings with Joel at RSJ, who agreed to put all of these issues right before handing the car over to me. Joel said that all of these issues would have been rectified by them before handing the car over anyway, but such a comprehensive report gave me absolute comfort that I would be collecting a car in perfect condition, even though it is 12 years old - this was the real value of the PPI check for me.

I can't vouch for 911 Virgin, but I've only read good things about them.

However, from first hand experience I can thoroughly recommend both Porsche Inspections and RSJ.

I pick up my car this Thursday and can't wait!

I too used porscheinspections - very thorough. Picked up a few issues to be rectified. It also means I have a very comprehensive report to pass on when I come to sell the car (although it's usefulness will decline the longer I keep the car).

Yes yes, but what are you viewing??????? :?:

StuK23 said:
I used porscheinspections.com to undertake a PPI check on a 997 at RSJ. Like 911Virgin, RSJ have a great reputation and stand behind a very strong warranty.

The general advice was that I didn't need to have the PPI done because of who I was buying from. That's probably right, so why did I have it done?

I asked Joel at RSJ if he was happy to have Porsche Inspections do a PPI check on the car before I bought it, he said that he was happy to do so, he's worked with them before and added that whilst I should feel confident with their warranty and that it clearly wouldn't be good business for RSJ's business to sell a lemon, he understood that I might want the additional assurance as this was my first venture into 911 ownership.

From my perspective, I didn't want to have to rely on the warranty if anything went wrong and would rather have most issues pre-empted through a thorough PPI check.

So I had the PPI check done by Bob at Porsche Inspections earlier this week. He called me after he had finished the checks and confirmed that the car was a very good car, RSJ were a great dealership to buy from and their warranty was very good. There were a few issues that he picked up on (coolant hoses, a/c condenser, RMS and some exhaust fixings). The call was followed up within a few hours with a comprehensive written report (27 pages). I discussed the findings with Joel at RSJ, who agreed to put all of these issues right before handing the car over to me. Joel said that all of these issues would have been rectified by them before handing the car over anyway, but such a comprehensive report gave me absolute comfort that I would be collecting a car in perfect condition, even though it is 12 years old - this was the real value of the PPI check for me.

I can't vouch for 911 Virgin, but I've only read good things about them.

However, from first hand experience I can thoroughly recommend both Porsche Inspections and RSJ.

I pick up my car this Thursday and can't wait!

:welcome: to 911uk and congrats on your purchase.
It's customary round these parts to post up a pic or two of any new Stuttgart machinery.
Looking forward to seeing them in the Newbie section :thumbs:

pzero said:
StuK23 said:
:welcome: to 911uk and congrats on your purchase.
It's customary round these parts to post up a pic or two of any new Stuttgart machinery.
Looking forward to seeing them in the Newbie section :thumbs:

Noted - will put pics on after I've picked it up on Thursday

FZP said:

:D

Well, I was going to view a 993 C4S. It's a lovely car, and I'm sure I'd have taken the plunge if I hadn't seen something else.

I'm not going to say what, as the deal isn't quite over the line, but I'll come clean early next week, when I've shook hands on a deal. To give you a massive clue, it redlines at 9k and doesn't have a wing....... :?:

991.2GTS said:
FZP said:

:D

Well, I was going to view a 993 C4S. It's a lovely car, and I'm sure I'd have taken the plunge if I hadn't seen something else.

I'm not going to say what, as the deal isn't quite over the line, but I'll come clean early next week, when I've shook hands on a deal. To give you a massive clue, it redlines at 9k and doesn't have a wing....... :?:
Nice one G,
Two cars pop into mind, either or would be superb.....I look forward to the big reveal

tom et al are super at 911v and if i ever had to go down the dealer route they would be in top 3. they helped me no end in acting as a sounding board recently

if you do down the ppi route with them then in the interests of full independence i would use folks other than the two garages you mention as they do a lot of work/have referrals with 911v if that bothers you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back