Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 TT turbocharger oils lines

kozzi

Nurburgring
Hi does any have or know where I can source a passenger side turbo charger oils feed line? Porsche have no stock at present :
Many thanks in advance.
Just had turbos refurbed and oil lines are all I need.

kozzi said:
Hi does any have or know where I can source a passenger side turbo charger oils feed line? Porsche have no stock at present :
Many thanks in advance.

Number 17 off the diagram, 202-05
I have not long ago been through this nightmare but got stuck on the water lines as well, one or both of which are unavailable. I have some spare lines but Im afraid this is not one of them as I was unable to get it as well. I ended up being getting the water lines I needed from the states.

That is your best option, post a wanted thread on 6speedonline and rennlist and somebody who has done a turbo upgrade may well have the stock lines kicking about still.

It is a silly state of affairs. Last I heard Porsche told me it would be at least December before they even had a trial run of the turbo water lines.

What is wrong with your old line? Out of all the lines I am surprised this one needs replacing, mine was reusable but I had a tussle getting it out of the coolant manifold at the front so the tab was a bit bent! but easily sortable with new orings. The water lines on the other hand, they were a totally different story and I trashed at least one of them getting them out of the old turbos.

Yeah they have loads of gauges and indentations in them so the indie is a little concerned on then doing another round. He sourced a drivers side.

kozzi said:
Yeah they have loads of gauges and indentations in them so the indie is a little concerned on then doing another round. He sourced a drivers side.

It depends how much he has butchered them but mine were a very tough task to get out in one piece. Heat, force I tried the lot. Main issue being the tabs are not sufficient to lever against to pull the lines out.

I would see if he can replace the orings on them and flatten the tabs, then when new become available you can fit some. It would take some major butchery to make them unserviceable. Are they remove just from the drains on the turbo? or off the manifold block too (as in removed)
It seems nobody is giving up spares easily these days. You might be worth trying 9e or ES motor in case they have any from turbo conversions. But again, they will probably want to keep them if they do due to the scarcity and needing them for customer cars.

Cheers mate. I'm talking to him today so will see if he is just being over cautious- the pics he sent seem pretty beaten up.

kozzi said:
Many thanks in advance.

I have bought from this site before, they say they have your oil feed line
for dispatch tomorrow good luck. https://www.rosepassion.com

Backday said:
kozzi said:
Many thanks in advance.

I have bought from this site before, they say they have your oil feed line
for dispatch tomorrow good luck. https://www.rosepassion.com

Good find! will be interested to see if they have them

To update and save anyone else the trouble. I emailed Rose passion and asked if they had stock of this part 'Hello,

part is currently not deliverable'
was the reply. I dont think anywhere will have stock of it or the water lines (or one of them). The only place will be a hoarder (for a big premium) or a breaker (for a premium)

darkhorse said:
To update and save anyone else the trouble. I emailed Rose passion and asked if they had stock of this part 'Hello,

was the reply. I dont think anywhere will have stock of it or the water lines (or one of them). The only place will be a hoarder (for a big premium) or a breaker (for a premium)
Sorry to hear that. When I put the part number in their site the automatic
``answer``was that they had it.

Backday said:
darkhorse said:

Sorry to hear that. When I put the part number in their site the automatic
``answer``was that they had it.

Yes thats too often the case on car parts sites, they usually say they have it and then refund if they find out they cant get it!
Was a good call though; Rosepassion have some good stuff and they replied fast to my email which is always a bonus.

Worst case scenario it would be easy enough to make up a pipe to do that job using a new pipe that is available (for the connectors) and then get pirtek to match the shape of the middle part including the flexi rubber bit.
When I was struggling to get the turbo water lines (massive issue!) I spoke to a guy on a facebook group in the UK who's garage had got some made as they couldnt get them either.

Oh man have I been lucky with oil and water lines for my 997.1 turbo. Can you belive that I bought 2 oil lines and 1 water line from Rose Passion one year
ago when I upgraded my turbos to Markski tuning 63.5 turbos?. All the changed
lines were from the right side, the left side lines were ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back