Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ignition Problem

Hi all, for a long while my car's had an intermittent problem, i'd say 1 in 10 times I go to start it and nothing happens when I turn the key, sometimes some of the lights will come on (like it's registered the first click) and sometimes none. I've tried jiggling the key around a bit in the ignition but it doesn't seem to have any effect, I usually take the key out, lock and unlock the car again and try again, basically it'll always start in the end but is definitely annoying.

So, I'm guessing I need a new ignition switch but thought I'd check on here in case that's not the case, because I've priced one up and they're c£250! So also, does anyone know of a cheaper source for a switch?

Strangely enough i have a car in today that does just this .. not actually in for this fault but it feels like the ignition switch to me.

I don't have to lock the car though .. i just turn it off then turn it on again .. you might want to just remove the key and refit next time it happens .

If i was diagnosing then i would just fit a spare we keep and see if that fixes it .. i'm sure most garages keep spares like this so a garage would be able to confirm its this before you just replaced it .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back