Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

misfire

timbo1811

Monza
So with perfect timing the 911 just started misfiring, It did it awhile back on a damp day but has been good for a year or so. I'm thinking coil packs, I'm sure I can hear that click you get with an HT leak. My question is are there any variations in type of coil pack fitted, I can see there are different makes. Any help would be appreciated,particularly as to how difficult it is, I've spannered all my life but am getting to the age when I lack confidence, I have done the water pump and all the road springs on this car.

Hi Phil thanks for that, however, when I put in my car details, 3.6, the price is £34 I thought they were the same. Anyway, think I've lost my bottle to do the job myself, so will probably trailer it to my local indie.

Maybe get James round to do it at yours mate. and yes I also thought the coils were the same for the M96 and M97 engines :?: :dont know:

I put in the info for the 3.6 coupe and it was still £24 check again mate

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/beru/7891642

James??

Misfiring when damp is a classic symptom of a cracked coil .. it might not be that but i would certainly lean towards it being a coil .

the coils have been modified .. much bigger than the previous incarnation and in some cases are a struggle to fit .. heat shields on certain models cant be refitted with this new type .

Link here for the type that's fitted these days .. seems cheap to me but what do i know :dont know:

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/beru/...MIrKH8gJWa5gIVw7TtCh0hQw4pEAQYBSABEgK6n_D_BwE

Thanks deMort

timbo1811 said:

Sorry Tim thought I had given you James number before

James from JMBautomotive he's mobile and fully time served porsche tech , he can do it at your home/work or if he needs a ramp he will take it do it and bring it back . and his prices are considerable less than an indy or opc .

he can either supply and fit or just fit your supplied bits .

based in Ferndown and covers our area , lots of the guys round here use him inc me.

https://www.facebook.com/jamesjmbautomotive/

Thanks Phil, will have to be next time now as have the car booked into Marque 21 on tuesday.

Phewwww... it was coil packs, a couple of them were completely knackered, with the plastic cracked and peeling off showing a rusty laminated core underneath. So new plugs as well, very smooth drive home .......

timbo1811 said:
Phewwww... it was coil packs, a couple of them were completely knackered, with the plastic cracked and peeling off showing a rusty laminated core underneath. So new plugs as well, very smooth drive home .......

Good news!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back