Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Belated hello from C4S aficionado

DJ911

Silverstone
Hi All,

I've been reading threads on this forum for a while and thought it was finally time to post something! There's some incredible dedication and know-how on here, and hopefully I can add my two cents too, although I am very much a novice compared to some of you.

My car is a metallic silver 996 C4S with a navy blue hood, 54 plate, 94k miles. Here she is:

41275499900_1308c0bda8_c.jpg

41275502240_87ef9ae902_c.jpg

42905448761_2d1bf7ea45_c.jpg

29033196968_27c63575d5_c.jpg

It's pretty immaculate with a great service history, currently taken care of by Zentrum Nottingham. I do basic jobs like pads and brakes but i'm keen to expand my toolset! It's my daily driver.

I've owned it for over a year now and it's Porsche number 5 (previous ones in order; 99 Boxster 2.5, 03 facelift Boxster 2.7, 02 996 Carrera 4 convertible, then back to a base 99 Boxster 2.5!) (photos below). I used to be on Boxa.net as djbox66.

I think I've found my keeper now in the C4S, it just seems to have the right mix of factors. I realise the engine won't last forever but i'll try and enjoy it each day and have savings set aside should something go pop.

49133617486_364c479ff4_z.jpg

15653268885_08d3051d27_c.jpg

17810014113_9c06046763_c.jpg

41791578314_af492e795a_c.jpg

Very nice, a fan of silver I see :) it does look good :thumbs:

Every time I see one I do miss my 996 C4S. By far the best rear of a 911. Lovely motor you have there.

Thanks guys, yes, I always seem to come back to metallic silver and navy blue leather/hood, very classic looking.

I've done a few basic projects so far. My last one was swapping out the CD changer with this bluetooth kit:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetoot...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Easy install and works seamlessly. Particularly like how it resumes from the track you were last listening too (on Spotify). I spent ages having to fiddle around with my old FM transmitter. Looking into feeding a USB extender from the frunk into the glove box, but cant see any obvious solutions so far..

Otherwise, I've done rear discs and pads (see below), swapping out CD holder for centre console shelf, new battery, PIAA wipers, just basic stuff. In terms of garage work, most recently i've had my front wheel arches re-painted due to very small rust spots (and a spot above the windscreen), new starter motor, reverse gear cable fixing and oil change. Not too bad overall..

43615660510_781b8d0675_c.jpg

Great first post. :thumb:

And a belated chance to be formally :welcome: 'd to 911uk.

Cracking Looking cab, how are you finding Zentrum ? They're not that far from me and could do with a good Indy to do mine,

As said above, the nicest back end on any Porsche to date, looks great with the top down, great colour combo with the blue hood, very nice 👍

Looks great! Good to hear you are enjoying getting stuck in too... I'm learning as I go, done a few jobs and it's very satisfying but becomes an obsession! There is always something else on the list...

By the way, how did you Jack the car up and get the stands under the jacking points?

Welcome along DJ. :bye:

I'm a huge fan of the C4S, especially the cab and silver with a blue roof is a classic combo. Lovely. 8)

Good pics are always welcomed and that last one is excellent with the snow-foamed wheels and the car in the background. Good to see you getting stuck in.
You'll fit right in around here. :thumbs:

PS You must have better tarmac than me. If I don't put a board down under my axle stands they dig in, especially in summer. :frustrated:

Thanks for the comments!

Zentrum have been outstanding over the years, no-nonsense, practical and fair. You always know what you're getting with them. They're all ex-Porsche. Having a good indy near you gives so much more piece of mind driving cars like these doesn't it. If anything gives out, I'd call them straight away. My dad's 997 water pump went when he was visiting us in Nottingham; he called Zentrum and they replaced it same day..

I've been using the little Porsche frunk jack so I find that gives ample room to squeeze the jack stands in too. I have a trolley jack on my xmas list excitingly so I can the car up and down more easily. My drive seems to have been Ok, my neighbour told me off after the picture above for using the drive "like a garage forecourt!"..

My next project is removing the front bumper (also called the PU on here I notice, ?polyurethene) and clear out the debris if it's there. It is addictive having projects but I find the major advantage is it gets you close to your car so you can admire it more! A labor of love I guess.. A large heated garage (with fridge for beers) is my ultimate dream...

The front PU is a nice job, straightforward.

Maybe consider fitting some mesh grilles too to protect the rads and condensers once you've cleaned them?

Shall we do a meet at your house and really p!55 off the neighbour
chav.gif

:welcome: to the forum!

Best rear ever
moon2.gif

:thumb:

Robertb said:
The front PU is a nice job, straightforward.

Maybe consider fitting some mesh grilles too to protect the rads and condensers once you've cleaned them?

Thanks, I'll definitely consider this. Looks like a good project.

Good plan about my neighbour too! Some people are sorely missing perspective, which a parade of 911s could give![/quote]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back