Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spare Key, alarms and all that....

TV8

Another question and looking at my to do list, not the last!

My spare key doesn't work, so I have changed the battery, reversed the battery, reset the counter and now the key works as a key, opens the car but sets-off the alarm in less than 5 seconds. The alarm stops when I put the key in the ignition and I can start the car. The other key and remote works fine.

So I have two thoughts:
1) the key fob button for the remote is not working but the spare key is still communicating with the car in the ignition.
2) the alarm is going off quicker than the 20 seconds I have seen suggested to open the car and start the ignition, but hopefully that isn't a problem?

A key fob repair should do the trick here? I have seen keyfobrepairs.com suggested elsewhere on 911uk but their website seems to be down.

Obviously, I might have got it all wrong and looking for suggestions and guidance.
Thanks in advance
Graham

had the same problem. tried all that. needed new fob in the end and have it programmed to the car.

Thanks both, is that a repair of existing or brand new key fob?

Billy Bumpsteer said:
£139.15 + vat plus coding

is that OPC or somewhere else?

Doesn't seem too steep if OPC.....

There is a great resto thread by Marky911 referencing a working transducer in the key and no need for recoding. Time for a PM!

Key has been sent to a long established business with people that answer the phone. Hopefully it's fixable and I will up-date with details when I get the key back.

I used keyfobrepair.co.uk. Really fast turnaround of the key and my LED now blinks away when I push the button on the key fob but the central locking still doesn't work.

Speaking with them, they have checked that the key is working before sending it back but reference the need to pair the key for with the car, which must be what people suggest with "coding"

The reset process has been tried again, plus the key in the lock, turning to right x5 etc etc, without success.

Given that the key otherwise works and somehow along the way, I have gained more time from when I unlock with the key before the alarm goes off, this is one for another day or if/when I lose the main key :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back