Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talk to me about water pumps......

ScoobyDoo555

Barcelona
I replaced mine out of fear of failure as I hadn't done it during my five years of ownership and I'd been warned it's a service item. I got a Pierburg metal impeller one from Euro Car Parts. I can't remember the price, but it wasn't crazy high.

Pierburg water pump (with composite impeller) is what Porsche supply, available from other sources for approx. 50% of OPC prices. Comes with a gasket but it will be damaged in transit so buy a separate gasket from OPC or elsewhere for £10.

Might as well do your thermostat at the same time for £40-ish, standard or low temperature.

You'll need a pair of stainless hoseclamps, a 20-32mm for the pump and a 40-60mm for the stat.

While you've got it apart you might want to do the deflection/tensioner pulleys and belt too, these will cost you more than the pump and stat combined!

ECP do the genuine Porsche pump and its not expensive.

I've just done this job on my 996. Autodoc were cheapest for the Pierburg pump by a fair amount - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/pierburg/965622

In the end I got the pump, low temp thermostat and gaskets for around £210 delivered.

Autodoc get a fair bit of stick online but, other than a fairly lengthy delivery time, were good for me.

Thanks for the heads up :)

The belt and tensioners were only done at the last service anyway. Thermostat was done when Hartech did the engine surgery too.

So it really is just the pump and gasket - everything else has been done.

I'll look out for the Pierburg one then :)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back