Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pics of your 997''s on 20" wheels please:)

Unless you have had the chance to try 20s on your 997 & liked them id save yourself some expense & forget the whole idea .
I recently went that route & whilst i liked the looks the extra rotational mass completely ruined the previously tactile feel id enjoyed of my 997C4 :?
Was ok pottering on town driving but the minute i hit the back roads it felt numb , they were off & in the classifieds within 20 miles :p

Attachments

• screenshot_20191124_142940_01_209.jpeg
    screenshot_20191124_142940_01_209.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 1,642
Normally the larger the wheels ..... the worse the ride ...... and personally I don't think they look that great either ....... :nooo:

me&my997 said:
Unless you have had the chance to try 20s on your 997 & liked them id save yourself some expense & forget the whole idea .
I recently went that route & whilst i liked the looks the extra rotational mass completely ruined the previously tactile feel id enjoyed of my 997C4 :?
Was ok pottering on town driving but the minute i hit the back roads it felt numb , they were off & in the classifieds within 20 miles :p

Thank you for that insight - I have been toying with the same idea for some time but was slightly worried those extra few inches (easy now!!) would have a detrimental effect on the ride.

Will drop that idea!

explosivo said:
me&my997 said:

Thank you for that insight - I have been toying with the same idea for some time but was slightly worried those extra few inches (easy now!!) would have a detrimental effect on the ride.

Will drop that idea!

Well i'm not saying it can't be done as the net is full of folks who have but i'm a massive wheeler , in the last 8 yrs ive traded/tried over 250 sets of Bmw 17s 18s 19s on various cars from 330d tourers to 3 x Z4Ms & 2 35i , never have i felt such a pronounced difference that i did going 19inch to 20inch with my 997 , i'm still somewhat perplexed the same wheels can work on 981 & 991 without adverse affect but clearly they can & do .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back