Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted solid rear subframe bushes

NedHan79

I'm after solid rear subframe bushes for my '98 996 c2. In particular a set that changes the height of the subframe to gt3 spec from the likes of design 911 or elephant racing.

Or if possible, if anyone has a set that they haven't fitted yet that I could copy to get a set made. These are pretty simple and all I really need are the sizes.

Any parts or help would be greatly appreciated and I could possibly get a few sets sorted at a great deal for others

I could probably lend you a subframe with the bushes pressed out to measure up if that helps.

MC

That'd be mighty decent of ya but sure in that case I could just hold off until I strip my own. I don't suppose you have any pictures of yours fitted in the frame but not the car? If the bush alters the height then I don't actually know how far down it sits into the frame if you know what I mean.i must go out and have a look at my car here

Thanks for that. So am I right in saying it's one pressed in flush at the top and same on the bottom? Then the frame just sits right up to the chassis? Where do the washers go? Bottom? And use original bolts?

Sorry for all the questions But I can't find much info of them. By the looks of it they could be made very cheaply

It is a bush at the top which sits flush with the top of the subframe, and a stepped washer at the bottom which locates the stud in the centre of he subframe. So a machined aluminium part and a thick profiled washer, steel.
The bush provides location rather than anything else, the subframe does not rest on it. Happy to discuss offline to avoid boring others if required

MC

Is there an aluminium bush at the bottom as well, siting just above the washer? It just didn't sound like much the hold the subframe.

Is there any chance you could get me a size from the spare frame you have?
I'd be more than happy to sort ya a set if I can get this right. I'm guessing at a glance the bush is about 50mm in diameter with an m14 bolt hole.

Definitely not boring btw, potentially saves a lot of us some decent cash

Found these by tarret but they obviously have a spacer at the top so the heights might not be enough. Looking at that it's only the bush at the top and simply a stepped washer at the bottom.

My guessing is that the Ali bush should be about 20mm deep but the step in the steel washer should be about 10mm. Should be easy enough with the measurements

I'll sort out full measurements and a detailled desciption of what is needed and how they fit/work. A free set for my C2 would be a bonus :)

MC

Pm me the details and so long as I'm not charged a fortune for them I'll look after ya surely. I'm off work for another week with a new baby in the house so it'll be after that. I have a guy lined up for this sort of stuff that works aling side our firm. He's supposed to be first class and does a lot of bespoke rally car bits

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back