Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tons of fail codes - 997.1 tiptronic

Ricky, keep us posted on progress. Its interesting to follow your problems and I hope you get them sorted . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Ricky, keep us posted on progress. Its interesting to follow your problems and I hope you get them sorted . :thumb:
Yes for sure...

Conductor plate changed (plus Oil etc)
Changes gear a lot better than before - stays out of limp mode.
So problem with Tiptronic limp mode solved.

Coolant problem.

Now I have run the car for a few weeks - and gearbox problem is solved. Thats great.
Coolant problem is partly solved.
I dont have problems anymore on the valve (change the discvalve)
Only thing the car is suffering from now, is lack of hot air.
Airtemp is not as hot as it should be, even after a proper warm up.
Im wondering if there is any stucked air in the system or if the heater core is blocked in some way.

Any good wy to secure that there is no air in the system for the heater?

Can i just confirm .. you changed the valve i listed a few posts back and no longer have any coolant warning messages ?

when driving the car does the coolant temp stay at 80 or does it drop to say 60 on a long run ?

Air locks usually mean no heat and possible overheating of the engine .. low coolant level in the bottle etc .. unless the system had been drained then this is unlikely .

What sort of temps are you driving in there ? i'm assuming it's colder than us atm .

If you put the setting on max heat then is it hot or is it still a bit cold ?

Sorry you're having/have had problems Ricky but I love this kind of thread.

Kudos to DeMort (again)

status at 03/12-2019

Hi
I Apollogize deeply for my lack of following up on a thread started by myself.
Im in the middle of a job change so been busy with boring stuff.

Thanks and kudos to DeMort for the help and assistance. I have been able to avoid the big bills from the garage, just by listening to his suggestions.

DeMort -
To your question.
I changed the disc valve, not the switch.
Im driving the car here in Denmark current temp is about 2C to 6C.

The car had very poor heating in the beginning and I was suspecting air in the system.
So I have tried a few times to bleed out air by releasing the pressure in the coolant bottle.

Over time the temperature is getting better. But not as I would expect (wonder what the heating capacity is the Porsche compared to other cars)

I did had a strange situation one day.
I was at a take away restaurant and I pulled down the window for a minute and suddenly the temp rised to a state where it was "heating" the car.
After this day, the car got better at heating - feels like a 80-85% capacity now.

So for now I have reduced he no of failures to following :)

1. Heating still needs improvement
2. I get a strange sqeeeaking sound from the radio when I turn on the igniotion key.
3. Radio is not always on when I start the car.
4. I get a strange "klonk" at low speeds sounding like bad engine support or gearbox support.

Things Id like to make.
1. Find out how to set lights on without have to turn the light button (we have lights on all time when driving here in DK)
I have PIWIS2 but Im not famililar with it yet.

2. Bought a GTS Steering wheel with airbag. I know I a steering module 99.613.289.01, but I wonder if I will need more than that. My cars is a tiptronic. I will use the paddles on the steering wheel, but not multifunction.
Paul Li from GPS (German performance parts) (if you know him) recommend me to buy his STMV1

3. I would also love another exhaust, but Im not sire if the one I got is the orig and if I just should Gundo that one :)

Even though Im not at the end with improvements and repair, then I still ove the car more and more everyday.. its such a great car.

Welcome back young man :D

Ok heating ..

you need to get under the car to check this .. car cold and engine off .. the rod from the valve on the gearbox will be in the down position .. this allows coolant to flow through the heat exchanger for the gearbox .

Start the car from cold and this rod will move upwards and close the flow of coolant to the heat exchanger .

The usual reason for this to fail is the grey electric valve .. the car drops to default mode and the coolant flow is in the hot position .. that means the car will run cold .. it will heat up when stationary but when driving the heat will go cold again

Drive for 5 miles and i expect the coolant gauge will be reading less that 80 .

Do the above checks and get back to me .

It's not an Airlock IMHO .... releasing the cap wont help im afraid .. also never do this when the car is hot .. you can get burnt :)

Im saying this as my colleague got burnt last week when a pipe blew in his face .. coolant at 90 degrees makes a mess of us .. be careful .

2 and 3 are possibly linked .. radio will default to on or off depending on how its turned off .. if radio on when car locked then it should come on when unlocked .

Check for fault codes so PCM , MMI etc .. also have you got something like a parrot fitted .. or any non Porsche items connected to the system ?

I'm guessing at an amp fault atm but i don't know what system you have fitted.

4 .. i very much doubt its engine or gearbox mounts .. basically they don't do this .. can you record a sound clip of this noise and either post it or send it to me .. ill then post it here .

[email protected]

be careful with the piwis .. don't touch anything that says coding unless your sure .. and programing .. don't even go there .

exhaust .. Gundo is an option but a separate system is imho the best .. you need to research that .. rather a lot before spending out on a system .

Steering wheel .. start a new thread on that one to get the answers you need .

Hi again

DeMort - I have sent you a mail with a video (sound) for the weird "klonk"

For the heater:
I ordered a magnet valve (changeover) today.
Im not sure if it will solve the problem, but the valve was 25 quid.
I have some temperature measurement equipment and I will try do some test during the weekend with airtemp in cabin.

Radio:
I have a PCM2.1 Bose speakers and sub.
I have No fault codes.
I have no extra equipment fitted yet (im considering blueooth for the phone)
Note: Some days ago my door in driver side felt very wet. I checked the rubber but seems like the holes where ok.
Maybe water stucked in the door can have impact on this?

Electric heated rearscreen:
Its not working. I checked fuses and they were ok.
My indy couldnt find the fault either. Any ideas? (Note - the indy isnt a Porsche guy)

Steering wheel: Yes I will go for a thread
:thumbs:

I've not received an email from you .. [email protected] .. just confirm this is correct please .. i've nothing in my junk folder either .

I'll wait till you have replaced the electric valve on the side of the gearbox before moving on with the heater problem .. im of the opinion it will fix the fault though .

Radio .. no fault codes and it makes it difficult .. im leaning towards an amplifier fault .. for now i think you need to live with it or get a garage to have a look .. and they will probably say the same as me .

Drivers door wet at the base .. its the door membrane .. which on these is a metal panel with a rubber strip around it .. very common for these to leak im afraid .

water in the door won't affect the radio but you have given me an idea .. do you have the phone on the pcm ? if so then look under the driver's seat .. if there is a control unit with 2 orange wires going to it and its damp in that area then that could possibly be the fault .

I would run a MOST bypass on it if i thought that was an issue .. perhaps get back to me on this one as if no phone then i'm just waffleing lol .

Heated screen and i'll investigate and edit this post a bit later .

Separate post to explain this .. i posted above so read that one as well :D

Heated screen .. a couple of images below ..

This depends on how good you are with a voltmeter ..

Relay controls this so you start there .. 85/86 engine running will be a feed and an earth when the heated screen is switched on .

30 / 87 are a 12 volt feed and the output to the screen .

You would check each of these with a meter to see if anything missing .. if you have a feed on the wire terminal 87 then you move to the rear screen.

There will be an earth one side on the rear screen and a 12 volt feed the other .. engine running and heated screen turned on ...

if you have both then the screen is defective .

Basically check each wire to see what's missing .

relay support 2 is behind the rear seats , under the carpet which just pulls out and under a metal panel there .

Attachments

• relay_1_200.jpg
    relay_1_200.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 826
  • screen_1_172.jpg
    screen_1_172.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 826
:worship:
Thanks again DeMort.

I will try this asap (have two x-mas dinners coming up uhhh :bandit: )

I tried sent the video from the phone (5mb)
It seems like its its still in my outgoing mail.
I will see if I can do a proper sound clip instead.

Speak soon

Have a great weekend all of you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back