Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Burning rubber?

Maxthedane

Monza
I still feel very new to 911 ownership... hence another question if folk have the time.

Is it normal after a 'spririted drive' (say at speeds perhaps in excess of 70mph!) to get out of the car and notice what smells like burning rubber? Or if not rubber some kind of heat/burning smell coming from the engine/wheel arch area? I noticed it tonight as I pulled up at home - wet evening, only driven about 10 miles but I did have my foot down a little.

Thanks

Paul

Perfectly normal, bits of rubber off rear tyres hit hot exhaust silencers hence smell of burning rubber :D

:yeah:

Don`t worry though, you get used to it after about 5 years :grin:

Just noticed you are in Warwickshire Maxthedane, you should get yourself over to the local Porsche club meet when the weather picks up in the new year :thumbs:

That smell of rubber accompanied by the clickety-clack-tick-tick noise after a spirited drive is one of the best things I remember about 996 Carrera ownership. :cloud9:

The more it stinks, the better the drive. :D :lol:

Thanks guys. I'll continue enjoying the smell!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back