Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

Earlier in the month I visited the helicopter museum in Weston-super-Mare for one of there cars & coffee type meets.

Kev, nice pics. just in time for planning outfits for 2020 Dinslaken mate . :grin: :grin:

We need to think of a double act as the Batman and Robin worked well. :mrgreen:

KJD said:

Andrew and Epstein?

nigel99 said:
KJD said:

Andrew and Epstein?

:floor:

Not quite what I had in mind Nige :redcard:

nigel99 said:
KJD said:

Andrew and Epstein?

Nige , I said Goofy and Pluto not aloof and peido :floor: :floor: :floor:

nigel99 said:
KJD said:

Andrew and Epstein?
:nooo:..... :grin:

nigel99 said:
KJD said:

Andrew and Epstein?

Too soon. :admin:

Not a great deal has happened since my last update November last year.
The car had an extend winter break due to the Covid pandemic but I got impatient and got it back on the road in May for some essential shopping. luckily It's pretty rural when I live so a decent supermarket is a fair distance.
Dinslaken didn't happen either another, all booked up and nowhere to go :nooo:

I headed into 4 years of ownership last month and yesterday headed up to Porsche Indy RSR Autos for a major service inc plugs, brake fluid etc and was happy to receive a clean bill of health. The car is an absolute joy to drive and although I don't use it that when I do it's always a great occasion.

It's looking like Wales is coming out of lockdown on the 6th July so hopefully freedom is around the corner

:judge:

My first car event in 2020 yesterday morning at local cars & coffee just a few miles away. Nice to be out on a sunny day amongst cool cars.

I'm partial to these little Alfa's so parked next to it :)

To close off this thread after nearly 6 years of ownership I'm no longer a Porsche owner having sold the car on Saturday.
I'd been thinking about selling for a little while now so with prices at current levels it seemed the right time to move on.
Ownership has been a real joy absolutely loved it and I've met some brilliant people along the way. I will always remember the Dinslaken trips (3) they were amazing and huge fun :grin:
Special mention to the South coast contingent, even though I live in Wales I've spent a fair bit of time in their company they really are a great bunch of guys :thumb:
I found this forum an invaluable source of information especially in the early days so thanks to everyone on here that contribute to it and the admin team that keep it all going.

Happy and safe motoring to you all I wish you all the very best :wave:

Sorry to see you go. Any particular reason to sell apart from the current prices? Are you replacing with something else?

That's a shame you have let it go Kev, the car was always a credit to you each time I saw it, the lucky new owner has got a very well cared for car.

Selling the car is no excuse not to continue catching up, whenever you get a chance! :thumb:

CB911C4S said:
Sorry to see you go. Any particular reason to sell apart from the current prices? Are you replacing with something else?

I'd had near 6 happy years fancied a change and it just felt like the right time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back