Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

stall whilst in manual mode in a pdk car?

wilpert

Indianapolis
I stalled my car tonight, for the first time ever.
I was idling and getting ready to pull away from my drive, whilst letting cars pass.

No big deal except the car is a pdk Cayman S.
It may be that I had accidentally shifted it into manual mode but Im not sure, as I got a bit flustered as I went to pull out.

Question is, should this happen, could it be indicative of a fault, even if it was in manual mode, my previous manual Cayman used to pick up the revs a bit if the car was about to stall almost as if it was telling you it was about to happen.

All esle seems well and good so I'm a bot miffed
:?:

I stalled the 9972 PDK when coming to a halt today. Not sure what happened, it just died. I was in Sport mode, the engine and gearbox was warmed up (about 20 minutes of driving) but it is very cold today (0c at start of the Finnish summer).

I suppose I should ask the garage to have a look at the software?

This happened again, just pulling into a car park after idling at the lights for a moment. A couple of threads on 6speedonline (US) suggest it could be a MAF sensor/throttle body needing cleaning, the crank position sensor, or even a failing HPFP. Apparently there are no codes.

I'll check and I'll have have a go at clearing the MAF sensor again, but in the meantime any other experiences or ideas?

it's not a fault i've seen yet and unless for both of you it becomes a regular occurrence then i wouldn't worry about it.

For MaxA then we do have to consider the temps you have which i'm pretty sure will be a lot colder than what we have :D

i would be surprised for a high pressure pump to be the cause and not generate a fault code .. a maf will often not generate a code on any of these cars unless it's totally dead so that's a good start.

A tester and look at Maf values is also a good check .. 17 kg/hr on idle is a rough base value .

It also does make me wonder about my 997 coking thread .. probably nothing to do with this but could each of you list the rough miles your cars have done please... pm me them if you don't want to post here .

deMort said:
it's not a fault i've seen yet and unless for both of you it becomes a regular occurrence then i wouldn't worry about it.

For MaxA then we do have to consider the temps you have which i'm pretty sure will be a lot colder than what we have :D

i would be surprised for a high pressure pump to be the cause and not generate a fault code .. a maf will often not generate a code on any of these cars unless it's totally dead so that's a good start.

A tester and look at Maf values is also a good check .. 17 kg/hr on idle is a rough base value .

It also does make me wonder about my 997 coking thread .. probably nothing to do with this but could each of you list the rough miles your cars have done please... pm me them if you don't want to post here .

DeMort: my 2010 9972 has done c 64000km. It's garaged, run on V Power, gets frequent use, and last threw a P1094 MAF sensor code which could be removed. Hence my initial plan to clean the sensor again ...

And as to temps, it's still November so +5c or thereabouts.

That's very low mileage so it won't have any issues on the coking that im investigating at work.

To actually get a maf fault code then the car knows there is an issue with it .. it can also cause things like this so i think you are on the right track there .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back