Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WTB: 997.1 GT3 Bucket Seats

Midnight

Looking for some buckets for my 997.1 GT3 touring.
Let me know what you've got.
Cheers

991 version? Will those fit in a 997?
*edit* add says it will :thumb:

apollokre1d said:

In fact £5787.00. Pretty sure it works the other way round so I'd say yes :?:

apollokre1d said:

Come on you know you want them :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
apollokre1d said:

Come on you know you want them :grin:

Already have them in my car mate :)

apollokre1d said:

Caveat : they may physically fit, but before dropping that amount of money I would want to know what the differences actually are. The 997 and 991 versions have different part numbers and the 997 ones are about £1k/pair more expensive, so if there are wiring or fitment differences for the rails or seat belt buckles then best to find out before rather than after. The only difference that I personally know is that on the 991 there was a cost option for seat heating which wasn't available on the 997.

:?:

Fair point Colin, I've always wondered why the 997 seats were more expensive than the ones in the 991 when they were not heated.

My understanding from a bit of research is that the 991 ones are plug and play into a 997 (including heated function).

If you get ones from a LHD car you will need to switch some of the modules over.

The ones that Tiele advertise for the 997 are mainly 991 ones.

Only physical difference that I know of is that the bottom seat cushion on a 997 is in two parts, 991 is in three.

Not sure why the 997 ones are more expensive...... as far as I know they are not available new from Porsche so it is prob based on availability.

I have been doing my research but am trying to resist :D

Worth noting that the prices on Carnewal are export prices to outside of the EU so are ex VAT.

The price I have been quoted for a RHD pair of these with heating is approx £6700 delivered.

Thanks for all your replies...
Forgot to mention it's for my 997.1 GT3 in Australia.
I'm leaning towards the 997 GT2 Carbon Folding Buckets.
Quite interested in whether the 991 version is plug and play...nice saving.
It can be an Insurance issue to replace with non-airbag seats here, so the folding buckets are a great option although very expensive compared to some very nice fixed after markets.

maph said:
If you get ones from a LHD car you will need to switch some of the modules over.

Not even that complicated.

On non-NAS spec vehicles (excluding USA and Canada cars, where passenger seat occupancy detection systems can complicate matters) the only difference between LHD and RHD sets of seats is that the seat belt 'not fastened' warning system is fitted to the driver-side seat only.

So if you want to fit seats from a LHD car to a RHD vehicle, (or vice-versa) you just need to swap over the seat-mounted buckles and associated wiring, which comprises a lead and a modular plug moulding which simply locates inside the main electrical connector housing under each seat.

I covered some of this back in 2018 on a thread I had running on PH, as follows: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1765948&i=0

There's a bit of skirmishing at the start, but the conclusions (and the "how to" bit) starts from 19th September.

James

short-shift said:
maph said:

Not even that complicated.

On 991 generation cars of all types (and on non-NAS spec 997 generation vehicles, so excluding 997 generation USA and Canada cars, where passenger seat occupancy detection systems can complicate matters) the only difference between LHD and RHD sets of seats is that the seat belt 'not fastened' warning system is fitted to the passenger-side seat only.

So if you want to fit seats from a LHD car to a RHD vehicle, (or vice-versa) you just need to swap over the seat-mounted buckles and associated wiring, which comprises a lead and a modular plug moulding which simply locates inside the main electrical connector housing under each seat.

I covered some of this back in 2018 on a thread I had running on PH, as follows: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1765948&i=0

There's a bit of skirmishing at the start, but the conclusions (and the "how to" bit) starts from 19th September.

James

Thanks James, I read your thread on PH at the time, knew something needed swapping over but could not remember what :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back