Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Magnus Walker's new 996.2

cvega said:
It's especially hilarious amongst those who hail 996 as a "future classic" and "investment opportunity"

Bet he sells it for more than he bought it for :wink:

also I will say for myself only, but I bought my 996 C4S for cash for myself to drive all horses from it and last thought on my mind was "investment" - today on way back from Bury I did use it only 2nd gear what a feeling on cut out !!!!
:drive:

edit: 996 best investment ever ............ IN DRIVING EXPERIENCE

Alex said:
cvega said:
It's especially hilarious amongst those who hail 996 as a "future classic" and "investment opportunity"

Bet he sells it for more than he bought it for :wink:

Yep, HE will :)

So it's an investment opportunity then.

cvega said:

While I agree buying a 996 thinking it's an investment is idiotic I'm also old enough to remember 964s and 993s for current 996 prices. And I also remember Magnus Walker saying most of the cars in his collection were bought for banger money at swap meets. Very few if any are near worthless now.

Advantage of the 996 price is that they can be picked up for (relatively speaking) very little and then used as the base for whatever you want to build - exactly as the 964 was in recent memory.

Makes perfect sense for Walker to be getting into the 996 platform now.

Will Singer be next?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back