Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear mud guard delaminated

Seventy Seven

Barcelona
Hi all

Gave her a quick wash today and noticed that the mud guard at the bottom of the quarter panel, just in front of the rear wheel, has delaminated on one side.

Seemed to have some rusty metal behind it.... I cleared this out with a sharp tool, but the arch itself looks rust free...

I've done a search on here and DeMort seems to be the man in the know!

However, I'm unclear on how this is fixed and whether I need some sort of auto adhesive to get it back in place or do I need some clips which sit behind it, which may have rusted?

As usual, guidance appreciated.

Can you post a picture of the fault please so i know what i'm looking at .

Atm it just sounds like the base rubber strip has come loose .

If problems posting an image then just email it to me ..

[email protected]

DeMort - thanks so much. Email coming over shortly.

You can buy a replacement on eBay for £45... left and right are on there.

Attachments

• 409ba885_8743_48be_bad3_a98d9f489130_164.png
    409ba885_8743_48be_bad3_a98d9f489130_164.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,519
Had the same myself. As per deMort post I bought two replacements and they are straight forward to swap over. Be ready for the amount of crud trapped behind them.

Thanks all :thumb:

I replaced both sides with new mud guards on mine and cleaned up the area where mud and crap gets lodged and when fitting all back i added alot of grease to the metal clip thats on the mud guard for future protection..

J

it happens and replaced mine too. the metal rusts and comes away from the plastic as the rivets corrode.

there is a lot of water and crap going in there and at pace/force at times.

take wheel off and get the car in the air as you need to get under neath for the torx screws and getting into position.

as said clear all the crap out and take off the first half of the rear arch lining to get to it. just be careful when getting the new item in and make sure you get the metal piece slid into the wheel arch to hold in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back