Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New spoiler purchased from another forum user!

Lee997

Monza
I've been thinking about a different spoiler for some time now and had settled for either a ducktail or the Aero style, so much to my excitement when I spotted a post last week from another forum user "”997"” (Jimi) who was advertising a very nice aero spoiler for sale and if that wasn't enough A) it was only the same colour as my car, B) had some really nice graphics already on it and C) came with an additional spare blade.

So obviously after a few messages and coming to a very simple agreement with the fine fella a plan was hatched, I picked up and met Jimi returned home and got round to fitting the very nice spoiler just this evening!

Very pleased with the finished article.

And very nice to meet another forum user, another PORSCHE fan and overall very nice fella.

Lee

Attachments

• 3916b177_06a6_47c2_8550_9318938e89b8_132.jpeg
    3916b177_06a6_47c2_8550_9318938e89b8_132.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 1,832
  • d24e2d0b_dadb_4685_b161_afa1ac2eda13_183.jpeg
    d24e2d0b_dadb_4685_b161_afa1ac2eda13_183.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 0e92be33_b14c_474d_b056_9cada1f7606a_124.jpeg
    0e92be33_b14c_474d_b056_9cada1f7606a_124.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,827
That was such a good buy. Well done.

Paint match looks decent too.

Now we need pics of the whole car in all in 997ness. :thumbs:

Well done.

In case you haven't already done so, you will need to code a fixed wing using either PIWIS or similar to avoid error messages over the speed which normally lifts the spoiler.

FWIW, I coded my ducktail using the Foxwell NT510/520 diagnostic/coding tool using the following steps:

Porsche/911/programming/rear/spoiler/fixed.

Probably a cheaper alternative than visiting a dealer and costs ca. 100 quid

Thanks gents, I'll get some pics up soon. I'm off on a road trip to Stuttgart next week and will certainly get some photos along the route.

Just having a cup of tea and off out to attempt to code the spoiler and button in a few minutes, I have a Launch 431pro on loan to me at the moment.

Lee.

Jimi is a nice guy Lee and he had a genuine reason for selling it , we were only chatting last night about his plan for his car . you got a real bargain so well done for not hanging about and it looks spot on fitted you your car. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Jimi is a nice guy Lee and he had a genuine reason for selling it , we were only chatting last night about his plan for his car . you got a real bargain so well done for not hanging about and it looks spot on fitted you your car. :thumb:

Yes he was a pleasure to deal with which always helps. I'm very happy with it, I was amazed when I saw it and after confirming a colour match!

It was more tricky taking the original spoiler apart than fitting the new!

And yes Jim is car is very nice.

Good result Lee. 8)

It looks great. As you say it's always nice to meet up with another forum member.

There a great mix of cars in that workshop mind.

E type, classic mini, Evo?, Alfa Spyder race car and a Jedi maybe?

Very cool. :thumb:

Actually is the blue one a Proton Satria?

Marky911 said:
Good result Lee. 8)

It looks great. As you say it's always nice to meet up with another forum member.

There a great mix of cars in that workshop mind.

E type, classic mini, Evo?, Alfa Spyder race car and a Jedi maybe?

Very cool. :thumb:

Actually is the blue one a Proton Satria?

Yes it is a Proton, very quick a lot of fun, it's also for sale.
Looking the other direction there's a Migale Formula Ford!

looks ace like it was meant to be :thumb:

Lee997 said:
Phil 997 said:

Yes he was a pleasure to deal with which always helps. I'm very happy with it, I was amazed when I saw it and after confirming a colour match!

It was more tricky taking the original spoiler apart than fitting the new!

And yes Jim is car is very nice.

Cheers guys !! Was a pleasure meeting you also!! Hope you enjoy the spoiler as it looks the part on yer car!! :thumb:

Any problems give us a call !!

@phil, thanks for the chat the other day, wanna keep the ass of me car looking standard for a while as a change, then i got me son on me head saying the car dont look right!! :what: says it needs a wing!!! :what: reason being hes looking to wanna drive it soon and gots show his mates :roll: !!!!

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back