Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 c4s search

Emporio123

Hello. I've always fancied a 911 but have always made excuses not to buy one. Well, the big C has made my mind up. Having recently undergone a laragectomy l'm on the road to recovery.
So now the search begins. I have a budget of 25k, I would like a relatively low mileage example 50kish or less, C4S 996, grey or blue with a full service history.
To add to the wish list
IMS sorted
Heated / electric seats
Zenons
Crested seats
Sat nav
Air con.
Manual

There are a few on pistoheads and auto trader but as yet nothing has floated my boat.

If anyone knows of a vehicle that may suit would you pm me?

For what it's worth, I would forget about the ancient satnav. Zenons (Litronics) are good, if they were factory fitted, they will have the height adjustment system and washers connected. If they are after-market they almost certainly won't. Not really an issue though. They can be added later at a price...

IMS is a can of worms, there isn't really a solution. Hartech's with the later and larger bearing seems to be as good as it gets. Replacement bearings are a lottery, if it's been done, check the rear seal has been removed.

Thanks both. I've made an enquiry on the X51, it seems a bit expensive with 81k on the clock. Is that all down to the engine upgrade?

It's had a very expensive engine rebuild and that's the premium imho .

The X51 upgrade did not give a very big increase in HP from what i remember.

If you are going to continue to look then as i have no one to help atm when looking for cars then i'm happy to give my advise on any adverts you wish an opinion on ..

Just PM me the details and from 7-9pm only i can give advice on whether i feel they are worth looking at or not .

I've done this once or twice shall we say :)

The X51 pack will make for a premium as it was a very expensive option new, and hence rare.

A full, proper rebuild could fetch a bit more too.

It's been for sale for a little while though, so you are clearly not alone in your thinking.

Thank you dermot I'll keep you in the loop.
Yes Rob it has been up for a while, let's see if they'll budge on price :D

So nearly caught out

Head and heart, Well the heart came close until a very experienced forum member offered his pearls of wisdom. I test drove a 2003 C4S a couple of weeks ago and all seemed dandy. The seller offered to put right the urgent advisories brought up at the last service and fix a problem with the PCM2 and we were close to finalising a deal.
One thing stood out. Starting up from cold the left exhaust, looking from the rear, produced exhaust immediately but the right took about 20 seconds to do so. So what I thought, until I asked our learned friend. He suggested I get it bore scoped which I duly did. Findings, advanced scoring on a number of cylinders rebuild approx 10k :sad:
I'm sure the seller wasn't aware of the bore scoring but I'll be looking for a car that has had the bores scoped in future.
Back to the classifieds!

Good luck in your search. I am tentatively looking for a C4S for a future project, the one you found sounds ideal for my plans. What was the seller planning to do with it?

MC

Not sure. He had a bottom price of 19K on it but I doubt he'd drop to 10K to cover an engine rebuild. He'd be well out of pocket if he did. Then again so would I if I'd bought it!

Did you get anywhere with the Northway X51 car?

I was there yesterday and had a chat with Ray about it... sounds an absolute peach which has had the absolute works done.

Hello

Mine is up for sale ish. I was going to wait for the spring. It has had everything done and imho is the one of the best C4s you would ever find.(I have a build thread on here). But it is going to need to be more than £25K for me to part with it.

If you want the best 2003 Blue with Black interior, no sunroof, manual C4S around and can dig a bit deeper to save yourself bills down the road then feel free to contact me.

Selling it only because we barely get to drive it and we are going to go off travelling !

INWB said:
Hello

Mine is up for sale ish. I was going to wait for the spring. It has had everything done and imho is the one of the best C4s you would ever find.(I have a build thread on here). But it is going to need to be more than £25K for me to part with it.

If you want the best 2003 Blue with Black interior, no sunroof, manual C4S around and can dig a bit deeper to save yourself bills down the road then feel free to contact me.

Selling it only because we barely get to drive it and we are going to go off travelling !

I've enjoyed following your thread.... Seems a shame to sell it after you've got it super-sorted, but it will make a great buy for someone :thumb:

Northway 996 X51

Re the 996 X51 it is just out of my budget I'm afraid. I'll keep an eye on it in case the price drops.
Did Ray say that they'd any interest?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back