Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

look at what this thread has done to us C11bra.

Its bought out the worst in the best of us.

in times like these there is simply only one thing to do.

grabs car keys

Drive hard! *

* Speed limits should be adhered to at all times. Reckless driving may result in a fine of imprisonment.

Phil 997 said:
Thanks for your thoughts Max and Robert , I will bow to your knowledge as I was under the impression that the modern blowers were not loud and screamy, unlike the old school blowers that stuck up through the Bonnet that were . :thumb: :thumb:

I don't know about modern blowers (the last time I drove a Merc with a "kompressor" and no intercooler, it was a very distant whine), but an Eaton M45 isn't that new (my old project car dates back to 2006), and there are two reasons it sounds like a banshee: one it has a new cold air intake with an additional intake right behind the firewall (which acts like a sound channel) and two, the poor little thing is spinning up so fast with a reduced pulley that it overboosts on occasion...

I need to go and test drive one of those supercharged V6 Jag F types.

I've had a few Golf Rallyes and they make one hell of a howl, especially when you replace the pulley for something much smaller !

The little G40 used make a demonic howl as well,

Thanks Phil

Or you could buy a Cayman S and make it look like a GT4 :floor:

nigel99 said:
Or you could buy a Cayman S and make it look like a GT4 :floor:

:floor:

Harsh but fair.

Re the GT3 vs GT4, having spent a fair bit of time in both the GT4 is a nicer road car and still great on track. I love GT4s.
Having said that, from a nerdy point of view the I'd have to choose the GT3 for the motorsport engine. GT4, sounds good and goes well but it's just the Carrera engine.

Anyway.

I fitted my new tail lamps today. Keeping it genuine (stop laughing) & non LED.

Decided to go on another road trip today. Just to test them.....of course.

Went for a fancy pants lunch on one of the restored forts 1 mile out to sea in the Solent.

Incredible experience and great access to a historic building. Free to roam in the wall gaps called the bolt hole. Right up my street.

Beautifully restored & great staff. Photo from inside the lighthouse.

Highly recommend for a random day out.

RXP. said:
new rear lights look good.

How much and from where?

EBay. £££ bargain.

oh wow. Well done.

I did consider returning back to oem and either keeping them as is or doing red laminex or something similar, however i fear it would look pants so either oem or all red oems.

I am kinda done with the led jobbies ( came with the car along with oems )

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back