Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange starter motor sound when hot.

I don't have any new messages......

77szymon said:
I'm not sure if you have same problem as mine was but..... mine hot starting end up with £4000 bill if your car is manual take out air box and spin engine any resistance in the same place NOT GOOD.

If you need any more info ask, I'm from Rochdale if not far you can come by just send me PM.

Can you share your experience for the greater good?

sure...

my problem strat something in 2017 with hot engine start, I did all starter/alternator/battery/connections etc. then I took engine off car for more work put it back together and "hot" problem did not disappear, only on hot engine cold was ok, so I took my car on 1000 mile trip and I think that was too much for it as "hot" problem become also "cold" start problem, so on July engine completely seized after hard pushing day before, what I do connecting with it and I could be wrong but if you try spin engine with spanner mine engine was half way easy and another half difficult every time same place so my conclusion is this depends in what place engine stops either it is easy to start or difficult and it shows that engine is at fault in my case crank bearings was shot dead and I was LUCKY it did not start only seized.

This theory could be confirmed by more professional then me guys on this lovely forum.

my short story:

911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135923&highlight=

Cool man, that's really useful info. Why don't you just post those reply's on the forum, that's what it's there for I guess!
I'm in Manchester till December working, I'll try and hook up at some point, though I'm home most weekends.

Rich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back