Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in the saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest. There are stacks of 996's and Boxsters for sale. Most have been well used and have highish miles, 100k+ or so. Look through the classifieds and you will struggle to find many cars with sub 60k mileage.
That indicates, to me anyway, that the vast majority of these cars will do plenty of miles before they go pop. However, stating that a car with 113k miles is only just run in is a bit fanciful.

Its a joke comment folk say all the time. Its just having a laugh yet some members read it as gospel.

You only have to google just run in and see how many times 100k pops up.

It is a joke on a Porsche forum, not on a Mercedes forum.

MC

It's a bloody joke !!!!!

I know 113000 miles is high mileage but you roll the dice and take a chance !!!!!

I only mentioned I had bought the car on here because I was excited to have one again, I forgot how obsessed some of you geeks are with the engine failure issue.

It might fail, parts of the UK might flood, we might leave the EU and Boris Johnson might be PM, Trump might become the most powerful man in the world !!!! oh dear these have all happened.

Talk about the car and the enjoyment, we are presumably all over 40 years old, anything could happen, live for the moment !!!

I don't think anyone should be cracking jokes about high mileage 996's.
It's a very serious matter indeed. :lol:
It's a well known fact that these engines simply do not go over 100k miles without a comprehensive rebuild. Anyone who says otherwise is telling fibs.
I know this is true because I read it on the internet. :lol:

It's. Ironic!!!!!!

Like I said I forgot what these things were like, I will leave you pedantic geeks to have a mammoth tech fest !!!!

Why you don't all run Nissan Leafs is beyond me!!!!!!

...less touchy feely; more touchy angry :floor:

...& the fundamental problem with the leaf is the minuscule range and the fact it looks like a turd and is driven by sanctimonious old gits :D

On the contrary, I think it's perfect and you don't need to worry yourself over the IMS or bore score issues!

Although I am sure you will find some other design fault to bore the tits
Off every one with !!!!!

...and I don't need to worry about Borescore or IMS issues because I sucked up a £14k rebuild...

However the Nissan Turd will definitely Bore you :D

I'd sooner eat my own turd than be seen within 20 yards of a leaf.

:welcome: back into the fold truckseller.

However to stop the bickering getting out of hand. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back