Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 4s or 997.2 turbo?

abe froman said:
HSC911 said:
abe froman said:
Out of interest, what would you say are the must haves on the 991.1 4S?

:?:

A turbo :grin:

:thumb:

:grin:

Joking aside with with the prices so close id be choosing 991 Turbo everytime, i dont get the Carrera 4S v 2S price difference :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
abe froman said:
HSC911 said:
abe froman said:

Joking aside with with the prices so close id be choosing 991 Turbo everytime, i dont get the Carrera 4S v 2S price difference :dont know:

It's the draw of the wide body and all year driving with the 4wd, plus the sound is much better :D

The weather has been cold and miserable in Wales this week and my drive to work is just dandy with the 4wd, in a rear wheel drive it would be lairy to say the least!

Totally agree that they look great value, but unfortunately not there yet

gilford said:
abe froman said:
HSC911 said:
abe froman said:

It's the draw of the wide body and all year driving with the 4wd, plus the sound is much better :D

The weather has been cold and miserable in Wales this week and my drive to work is just dandy with the 4wd, in a rear wheel drive it would be lairy to say the least!

You go out when it's cold and miserable :eek: :grin:

........... with with the prices so close id be choosing 991 Turbo everytime, i dont get the Carrera 4S v 2S price difference :dont know:

4S was considerably more expensive when new and has the wide body 'premium' so against otherwise similar 2S will always be comparatively dearer to buy.

As abe is torn between a 991.1 4S and a Gen2 997 Turbo I suspect his budget is well below what he'd need to get into a 991 Turbo.

The closeness in price you refer to is only relevant when comparing low mileage 997.2 Turbos and higher mileage 991 Turbos. In that scenario I'd also go for the 991T. :thumb:

gilford said:
abe froman said:
HSC911 said:
abe froman said:

You go out when it's cold and miserable :eek: :grin:

Yep, use my car come rain hail or shine for work every day!

T8 said:
........... with with the prices so close id be choosing 991 Turbo everytime, i dont get the Carrera 4S v 2S price difference :dont know:

4S was considerably more expensive when new and has the wide body 'premium' so against otherwise similar 2S will always be comparatively dearer to buy.

As abe is torn between a 991.1 4S and a Gen2 997 Turbo I suspect his budget is well below what he'd need to get into a 991 Turbo.

The closeness in price you refer to is only relevant when comparing low mileage 997.2 Turbos and higher mileage 991 Turbos. In that scenario I'd also go for the 991T. :thumb:

:hand: The difference like for like is anything between 5-15k on average. Good example would be the low miles 911V 4S* v the low miles Turbo at Ashgoods*. Those are now 8k apart.(they were 5k) 8k over 4 years the cost is negligible. Id also be thinking depreciation wise, taking the Turbo v 4 S historically the Turbo will smash the 4S, so that difference is even less in reality. Turbo everytime!

The cheapest 991 Turbo is now 67k, although with the same miles as the price, if it didnt have the Jonttt interior id be snapping that puppy up :grin:

*Cheaper 991 4S and more expensive 991 Turbos may well be available :grin:

Come on OP do the man maths increase the budget slightly and get the 991 Turbo YKIMS. :floor:

10 miles on twistys after an RS4 and A lotus it would have to be the 997 Turbo for me. Disclaimer: I owned both for the past 2 years and when the choice came it was the 991 that went. 991.1 is a great all round car but for my country drives use...the 997 remains the better option and better sense of fun all round.

Above assumes that the rs4 was the v6 Turbo rather than v8... do you still have the lotus? I suppose it Depends if you are keeping one of the existing cars.

G2 said:
Above assumes that the rs4 was the v6 Turbo rather than v8... do you still have the lotus? I suppose it Depends if you are keeping one of the existing cars.

No, it was the V8, then my Evora not long gone. Kids are growing up but still need the ability now and again to transport them. Had an Exige in the garage for a while but found I hardly used it. So daily is the way to go this time.

abe froman said:
No, it was the V8, then my Evora not long gone. Kids are growing up but still need the ability now and again to transport them. Had an Exige in the garage for a while but found I hardly used it. So daily is the way to go this time.

:thumb: the 991 is a great option then, but prepare yourself as 911's are addictive...it won't be your last one :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back