Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rebuild ...Which IMS Bearing to get??

:grin:

Maybe there's a way of finding the same spec using RP's description in the title..

20-mm-2898-0-222443

I had a try but no luck,

You could always buy the bearing and get the code from it and then return unused, a bit pikey but I'm sure it's only a £25 bearing and that's a massive uplift in Porsche tax.
Post your results here!

3.4 shaft from OPC is £752.77 + vat, you may get 10% off if you have a friendly parts guy, probably 5%

I'd just buy a new full assembly and flog my old one on eBay.

For info, my IMS bearing was checked today, it's in perfect condition.
So besides the freak incident of the nut getting into the oil pump the only wear found so far has been slightly ovaled cylinders and main bearings beginning to show wear.

Re IMS bearing, I'm still trying to decide what to do, maybe suck it up and buy the rose passion dual row bearing or the full assembly. One way or another she's getting a new one while apart.

My 2 penneth:

I'd be quite tempted to just leave the original in and remove the outer seal. You know its a good one and will now have peace of mind its getting lubricated adequately.

The only other option is buying the new full assembly.

IMHO anything else is an already proven risk.

Billy Bumpsteer said:
Why would you really want to buy a used one? £400 is mental, it wont sell.

You may want a donor IMS assembly that you can then modify to suit a much stronger bearing that won't fail and then do a straight swap with your original. Imagine modifying your original and it goes wrong.

In fact, I might buy it myself, modify it at work (for free) and then bang it back on for £600. :)

Is that an offer? :thumbs:

Just to put a line under this one.
I've ordered the rose passion full assembly, thought it the best move.

:thumbs:

Wise choice.

Looking forward to actually seeing what it is (bearing size, spec, etc.)

Will do a a side by side comparison ...

By the way the original assembly (bearing smooth as silk) is up for sale ... :thumbs:

Side by side as promised!

Old part number ending in 058, new one 063

Attachments

• c58c7305_7d88_435b_93d0_21339e5dd010_186.jpeg
    c58c7305_7d88_435b_93d0_21339e5dd010_186.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 1,129

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc