Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Falken Azenis FK510 Tyres ?

911munKy

Anyone using these on the rear?
Feedback please, I usually use Conti SC2 but can't get them at a good price anymore, I'm interested in:

Handling - road car only, daily driver, mixture of backroads and motorway commute.
Mileage before replacement - I get 14-15k out of the Conti's so if they last much less than that it will be a false economy buying cheaper.
Much better than the Falken FK453? (older model but seems more expensive).

Thanks

Stick to the road like glue. The 453 returned about 12k miles driving like a nutter on all manor of roads all year round. The 510s I have on at the moment are part worn so I don't know how long is left but I've done as yet around 6k miles and they look about half way.

I'll be putting 510s on again when they need changing. They also have very good rim protectors so less chance or kurbing an alloy.

They get a :thumbs: from me!!!!

FYI: 295/30 18

Edit: the 510 aren't any worse than the 453 and if anything seem better handling but that could be placebo effecto!

Just what I wanted to hear Alex, 295/30R18 for me as well.

Ta :thumb:

I had Contis on when I bought the car and IMHO these are better handling. Although I have had work done on the suspension since but that was only in the past 12 months.

how's the sidewall stiffness on those?

How can you tell?

Went round the ring on them in the GT and there was no noticeable flex, it was a very spirited set of laps, they got a bit of a squeal on a couple of the corners but given that it weighs nearly 2 ton it's not unexpected. all in all a good tyre in my mind and in the UK I think better than the p-zero (given they need to be warm to work). I had them on the car and they felt very sketchy.

FK510 have a good rim protector on them too

Alex said:
How can you tell?

You should drive my car on Uniroyal rs3's and you'll immediately know what a soft one feels like :D

Tyre leader gives an XL rating for these tyres :
Extra load, reinforced tyre with higher weight rating.

Also MFS - Max Flange Shield, Alex above mentioned that he appreciates a bit of extra flange!

:worship: :grin:

Too much is never enough.

One of the reasons I became an engineer, so I could say words like 'Gusset' and 'flange' in sentences........all whilst chuckling to myself lol

I put four of them on my M3 and they were great.

Much better than the pair of Landsail that someone had put of the front before I bought it :eek:

I'm using them and they are fine the only thing to note is not to mix them with other brands as I put them on he back with contis on the front and it kept tripping he traction control

I have them all round now and I'm happy

Falken Azenis FK510

^
That's interesting as I have Fairly new Conti's on the front too, luckily it's a basic spec C2 with no TC, that's what the tyres are for!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back