Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console delete

My parts arrived today!

The main section of trim actually comes from Porsche with the side panels attached already! My dealer obviously didn't know this as they ordered additional side trims too. These will be returned.

This is quite good news as it means that the modification is even cheaper!

For those interested here are the parts needed;

Cover - P98655211302A10 - £108.72 + VAT
Hider - P98655224012A03 - £34.47 + VAT

Thats it! Total cost, from a Porsche main agent, of £171.82. These are the part numbers for the items in Black. No doubt there are slight variations for the other trim colours.

Fitting is easy, just remove the retaining screws of the centre console and lift it up. The new parts thn slide in and clip into the original clips left by the removal of the original centre console.

Overall I think its a great mod and well priced especially for genuine parts.

I have no idea of how to add pictures on here though :frustrated:

just the two bits? color codes seem different?

the second part number returns nothing on googles! 98655224012A03

maybe post photos on http://imgur.com and post links here!

cvega said:
just the two bits? color codes seem different?

the second part number returns nothing on googles! 98655224012A03

maybe post photos on http://imgur.com and post links here!

That's my fat fingers!

That should be 98655224102A03.

Those are the only two items you need to order, the first is the main carpet part which actually includes the two separate side sections and the second is the small plastic cover that sits in front of the gearstick.

That's brilliant, thanks! Just need to find the AC controls surround to move up top..

I'm gonna call my local OPC to see what prices they can get! Alex's SSK is on the way, should be a good console revamp!

Looks great
Where are you going to put the ac?
This is the reason I haven't done the delete yet. I need the space where the ac is now.

Rik b said:
Looks great
This is the reason I haven't done the delete yet. I need the space where the ac is now.

My A/C is above the radio where its always been? I guess you might have a different set up to me or maybe even sat nav?

996john said:
Rik b said:
Looks great

My A/C is above the radio where its always been? I guess you might have a different set up to me or maybe even sat nav?

my AC sits on the very bottom of the console i need to remove. I'm ditching the PCM2 as it's not a very modern device anyway, so need to relocate the AC controls to the top. However, the little plastic surround for the AC unit is 160+VAT! I might invent something with a dremel...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back