Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil switch change!

Lee997

Monza
Hi I all, going to change out my suspect oil pressure switch at weekend.
I'm up the workshop at the moment and don't have car with me.
I know the new switch I got from design 911 is 19mm on the nut but not sure what the original one is!

Can someone advise please as I need to find some Crows feet!

Lee.

Hi Lee, I need to do this too, fairly sure its 19mm, crows feet available on ebay, you will probably need 3/8 wobble extensions too according to the research I did. I have tried to do mine but bottled it after I ran the car off the ramps (thats another story) so I would be very interested to know how you get on.
Videos I watched showed them doing it from underneath the car, I don't think you can get enough leverage form above.

timbo1811 said:
Hi Lee, I need to do this too, fairly sure its 19mm, crows feet available on ebay, you will probably need 3/8 wobble extensions too according to the research I did. I have tried to do mine but bottled it after I ran the car off the ramps (thats another story) so I would be very interested to know how you get on.
Videos I watched showed them doing it from underneath the car, I don't think you can get enough leverage form above.

Hi Timbo, I've found a set of crows feet ranging upto 24mm at the workshop so I'm covered!
Gotta love Youtube! Looks a straight forward job, we have a decent car lift so hoping to get time to attempt this Friday. Looks a straight forward job.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Lee.

19mm crows foot spanner from above .. it needs to be the flat type and not the ring type .. it can also be done from below with a bent spanner .

sensor is faulty if you turn on the ignition only and it reads anything other than 0 bar .

Oil switch.

Oil switch changed no dramas, took longer to grind down the crows foot so it would fit between the block and the switch body.
Changed my rear roll bar bushes while I was under there.

Switch works properly now and getting sensible readings.

Almost ready for the road trip to Stuttgart at the end of this month!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back