Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Errrm, my car smells of wee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pirellipete said:
So, FLGirl, let me sum up this thread for you.....

It could be
Cats
Rats
Mice
Dogs

:yuk:

either nesting, peeing in, on, around or eating your car

If you suspect any of the above, Forget Halfords, Call the RSPCA

It could be
Air Con Rad covered in pee from any of the above animals
Cabin Filter
A/C system in general
or Dodgy Designer Trainers

If you suspect any of the above, get a Halfords AC Hand Grenade and fill your car with white smoke for a couple of hours, the proposer of this option didn't say how long it takes to clean up the residue of the smoke

It could be
Nervous male passengers
Nervous elderly relatives :eek:ld:

Teenage boys losing control of their bodily functions at being driven in a Porsche by a Girl, and hoping their friends see them !! :boogie:

If you suspect any of the above, buy a waterproof seat cover off ebay, cheap, easy to clean.

Or, seeing as it's summer, drive with the windows open and hopefully someone sensible will have come up with a good and valid option for your smell of wee before winter gets here. :?

See, you don't get advice like this from an OPC do you? they have no idea what Porsche ownership in the real world is all about !!

Good Luck. :D :D :dont know:

:sad: << crying with laughter!! Thanks Pete :)

Thanks for the responses (sensible & otherwise :grin: )

It doesn't happen after switching aircon on, generally I get in car, start it up, let the fans run for a while with windows open if it has got hot, then switch aircon on once moving. Aircon on = no smell. I had the condensor replaced & the whole system regassed only 6 weeks ago, as it didn't work at all when I bought the car.

Fan on and/or windows open and I can smell the wee.

Nesting animals - maybe, but I use the car daily, would they have had time to die in my vents somewhere?

Cats - hmmmm, likely suspects, loads round here not seen paw prints/scratches on the car but I wouldn't put it past the wiley buggers.

Can someone explain with diagrams & simple words how I can flush out the vents by the window? :girlmode: I don't really want to start pouring dilute bleach over the wrong bits of the car.

I don't leave anything in the car, no smelly trainers, shoes, food. I like it clean inside (except for the wee obviously!).

Is the Halfrauds white-smoke-can specifically for aircon or have I misunderstood & you let it explode in your car :eek: and it should neutralise all odours?

Maybe I should offer it up to an OPC and they can use it in an advert for trying every solution to a simple problem (helpless female in background, men in overalls being mildly patronising but ultimately saving the day!), but you're right, the service on 911UK is far far better :thumb:

I will give everything a go this weekend if anyone can elaborate on the how-to of the cleaning/flushing/mysterious smoke methods they have tried please!

Seen in Sussex - plumes of smoke pouring out across Hove, once purple 996 with bleached bonnet being driven at desperate speeds with all windows open & crazed lady with peg over nose... you read it here first folks!

Goose said:
pirellipete said:
...See, you don't get advice like this from an OPC do you? they have no idea what Porsche ownership in the real world is all about !! :D :D :dont know:

:floor: :floor:

+1 .... crackin' !!!! :floor:

Have you been offering lifts to any Gingers?
H

What's it like for tramps round your way? Think yourself lucky you dont have a TVR they smell of p1ss from day one similar to a fibreglass speedboat - put me right off.

I think it is tom cat pee that is the culprit and will have sprayed up in the wheel arch or front vents somewhere. Jetspray with foam might clear it.

It has been nine years since anyone else has posted. I think if you can sleep soundly tonight.

Zingari said:
What's it like for tramps round your way? Think yourself lucky you dont have a TVR they smell of p1ss from day one similar to a fibreglass speedboat - put me right off.

I think it is tom cat pee that is the culprit and will have sprayed up in the wheel arch or front vents somewhere. Jetspray with foam might clear it.

Was probably a tramp :grin: worth bringing the thread back for that alone :floor:

Zingari said:

On my stag do, two of us pi$$ed all over a 'mate's' brand new TVR....

Thought that it was the least that we could do. Mind you, we'd had so much ale that it was 99% hot water.....

This is an amusing thread to have resurfaced after 9 years :grin: :grin: wonder if it ever got sorted :?:eek:r am I taking the P :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back