Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Solid rear subframe bushes

NedHan79

I'm planning on stripping the rear subframe as part of my overhaul. On a google last night I see design 911 do some solid bushes which change the height. What they're saying is that on a lowered car it will help bring the geometry back into spec.

Has anyone gone this way?
Will this do away with the need for adjustable toe arms?

Also these are £200 for a very simple looking bush and washer. Has anyone had these made?

As usual, all help and pointers welcome

I think I ended up with the elephant racing ones. You are right that there isn't a lot to them. My understanding is thatbit raises the subframe around 1/2" to the same as the GT3. The hardest part of fitting then was pushing out the old bushes from the subframe. I haven't had my geometry done yet so can't comment on that aspect, but I'm running adjustable arns anyway.

MC

I bought adjustable toe arms for around £160 so I can't see the point in bushes costing more :dont know:

Thanks mc. Should've known you'd be down that road. Looks very simple but I also see polybushes aren't expensive but it's the height that has me interested.

911 munky. It's not so I don't have to get adjustable toe arms as such, it's more that the original bushes will be well past their best and I'll have it all out at some stage here. Saying that, I'd say if I go the solid bush route, I'll probably not bother with adjustable arms as I'm only on lowering springs on my m030 shocks.

Same as me then, I used Eibach -30mm springs with my M030 shocks but they seemed lower than others and I needed 10mm spring perch spacers and adjustable toe arms to get the car to X74 geo spec. Anyway all sorted now.

Sounds good. Is this x74 spec all it's cracked up to be?
I don't really know what to expect

MisterCorn said:
I think I ended up with the elephant racing ones. You are right that there isn't a lot to them. My understanding is thatbit raises the subframe around 1/2" to the same as the GT3. The hardest part of fitting then was pushing out the old bushes from the subframe. I haven't had my geometry done yet so can't comment on that aspect, but I'm running adjustable arns anyway.

MC

I don't suppose by any chance you haven't fitted them yet mc? Bit of a long shot but I was hoping to get my hands on some and get a few sets made for the good of all on here. Can't be too much to make

Sorry, already fitted.

MC

No problem. If I can get the correct sizes I'll probably get a few sets made up if anyone else is interested

911munKy said:
I bought adjustable toe arms for around £160 so I can't see the point in bushes costing more :dont know:

This picture illustrates it rather well:

996-solid-subframe-control-arm-illustration.jpg

The angle of the lower links is ideally horizontal at rest - when you lower a car these can end up in a sub-optimal position which can lead to issues with roll centre. Pulling the subframe up higher can help to counteract this.

Plus being solid removes any uncontrolled movement at the expense of some NVH.

Yip. Saw that. I might end up with adjustable arms but the standard bushes have had it anyway so I may as well start with what it actually needs

Hi tommi. I don't think poly will change the height any. I will however need to rebush a lot of it and I'd say polybush is the way I'll go.

You might ask them to design them for a height change. Seems they are very open to feedback since they changed the design of the gearbox bush after feedback from Alex on here I think

Polybushes are very easy to make if you can be bothered to make a mould. On that note I might have a stab at it for the dog bones and others. Big advantage is you can choose the compound you want and make them for peanuts when the moulds are right

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back