Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Switchable exhaust

Lukec4s

Hi all

I'm looking at a switchable exhaust and have done a bit of reading. If anyone has an aftermarket one where did you connect the power wire ? The obv place would be the battery / positive terminal clamp in engine area but I beleice it's meant to Ben a switched live not permanent live.

Thanks

Hi there,

I just picked up a feed from the cigarette lighter for the switch, then ran a 5 core cable from the switch up inside the O/S rear door card and through the rubber grommet into the engine bay where i used the air pump mounts to fix a waterproof box for the connections/solenoid. Didn't need all 5 cores, its just all i had to hand at the time.

I seem to have lost some pics of when i done it. It's pretty easy to do though.

Good luck if you go ahead :thumbs:

Thank you. Very detailed cheers

That latching relay is massively cheaper than using the proper Porsche part, but you lose the part which everybody wants to disable anyway :)

I think I'll fit one of those in my car as I don't have the Porsche part at the moment.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back