Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Short shift shenanigans

Cheib said:
Thefinn said:
I have both a Chinese SS and OEM in different cars and I find the Chinese ones to has a too short throw making them a bit too notchy, especially when cold, where as the OEM being slightly longer feels just right. You can improve the OEM one though by adding some Phoenix Engineering billet bushes to reduce the slop of the plastic they come with.

Do you have a link for these bushes ?

https://phenixengineering.com/shop/porsche-997-gt3-style-billet-shift-bushing-kit/

Such a great thread OP.

Can i ask how long did this take? I have to remove the OEM SSK and fit a different shifter.

Thanks RXP! :thumb:

The first time I did the job a couple of years ago it took about three hours from start to finish, mainly because I was approaching everything very cautiously so's not to snap any retaining clips or mark anything. Also the gear shift cage has to be stripped to fit the Chinese short shift lever.

Replacing the Chinese one with the genuine Porsche short shifter took about an hour simply because I'd done the job before and didn't have to strip the gear shift cage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back