Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 aero restoration

NedHan79

Suzuka
For anyone interested in seeing what my sills looked liked when I started to investigate I'll stick some pictures up. I've always wanted to do a thread on my ownership on here but never had the time. I have however, recorded some of the goings on on instagram. For no more reason than it's just handy to stick on an update with some pictures.

What started out as brake pipes over the gearbox for mot in June, quickly turned into a major job.
The sills were completely rotten, the rear arches not so bad but I thought, when in Rome and all that.
Basically I've made everything from scratch. Definitely not opc standard but I'm quite happy with it on the whole. I'd do a lot of things different if I had to start again but you live, you learn.

The story on instagram is my story so far. A LONG way from finished but a new arrival to the family is due so progress will pretty much stop for a while.

I'm open to any ideas on work I have still to do.

Anyways my instagram is @nedhannon

Have a look and fire away with any questions. I'd say I've over 1000 photos of work so far, not all great though as I'm working in a tight space.

I'll probably not put many photos on here as I seem to have to snapshot them again for some reason for them to upload.

Feel free to browse.lol

Already having trouble with the photos.lol

Need to do this same job on my mk1 aero kitted Carrera dreading what I will find behind the skirts.

For some reason I've managed to duplicate this thread. Must have been when I was trying to upload photos last night.

If you check the other thread you'll see the pictures I've stuck on

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back