Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

Phil 997 said:
personally if you want oomph the simple and around 10k solution is to fit a supercharger they do one that sits snuggly where the current airbox sits and adds 150bhp that would take you to 505bhp with no turbo lag :grin: :grin: then your well and truly in GT3 territory and still Naturally aspirated .

How would it still be NA with a charger strapped to it?

I'm with the above poster, you have the money to buy a GT3, buy one, you'll spend less in the long run! I still can't help but cringe at the thought of driving around in a Carrera with a GT3 badge stuck on the back?

The artwork in the hotel restaurant area looks Pure Evil

:coat:

I'm in the 'just go buy a GT3' camp as well,

The amount of time and effort involved in faffing about re trimming everything, fitting another engine and box !

Have you seen the price of a Metzger lump 😳

Strapping a charger to an engine irrespective of where it sits in the engine bay is blowing air, Forced induction ! So not N/A at all, unless you don't connect it up ?

Which would be like having a none GT3 car with a GT3 badge on it, I don't care less what car it is or what badge is on it, if I had a GT3 car tho it would irk me some what, a bit like my Black Stealth Golf GTI in the early 90's ! Late big bumper model, when you see some one with a CL that's stuck a GTI badge on it, changed the seats and a bit of trim and put a loud exhaust on it, personally I wouldn't but we're all different, I couldn't keep throwing money at something that's never going to worth any more than it is now, the car is de valuing and the genuine GT3 is proof at that.

NLW73 said:
Why would you bother putting a mezger in a standard 997? Seems a lot of effort and ££

Just go out and buy a real gt3 as that would keep its value. Not a fake 997 with a mezger in it.

There is so much you would have to change to get it anywhere near a real gt3 and it would never be one. Wrong chassis number and not the stiffer shell of a gt3 for starters

As you said first up you had the money for a gt3 so go buy one

They are dropping in price and a lovely black one for 65k in aldershot for sale

I'm not totally serious. Only if my engine fails.

£65k is a bargain. Wow!

Anyway. Back to Wales. We're heading here this morning.

'A4069 Black Mountain Pass

Also known as 'the Top Gear road', after Jeremy Clarkson was filmed driving it, this swooping mountain pass is a favourite with car magazine test drivers, bikers and motorists.........."

go easy on black mountain pass as 50 speed limits up there now and lots of sheep around.

old bill everywhere at the weekend these days.

some crazy bikers up there too

-- 997 -- said:
Is your rear spoiler/Lid a real GT3 or Fibreglass aftermarket?

Cheers

J

Genuine Porsche Aerokit I believe. I plan to add the 2 air scoops, gurney flap & adjustable blade to make it GT3 spec.

Before we set off this morning, a quick wash was needed:

We went a different route in the end.

Need to go back and spend more time on the passes.

Sorry gents when I said its NA with a blower I meant it has the sound of an NA car compared to the sort of whoosh note the turbo has ,so you can still achieve the GT type sound track . but I am as surprised as everyone that the GT bubble seems to have peaked and the prices starting to be more realistic 65K for a 997 GT3 seems much more realistic. :thumb:

C11BRA said:
-- 997 -- said:
Is your rear spoiler/Lid a real GT3 or Fibreglass aftermarket?

Cheers

J

Genuine Porsche Aerokit I believe. I plan to add the 2 air scoops, gurney flap & adjustable blade to make it GT3 spec.

Thats good, if it was an aftermarket rear lid, dont waste your time and money on air scoops and a gurney, cos nothing will fit perfect without major modifications!!! Get original porsche air scoops and gurney for your original rear lid, NOT aftermarket ones, cos they wont fit!!!

J

Phil 997 said:
Sorry gents when I said its NA with a blower I meant it has the sound of an NA car compared to the sort of whoosh note the turbo has ,so you can still achieve the GT type sound track . but I am as surprised as everyone that the GT bubble seems to have peaked and the prices starting to be more realistic 65K for a 997 GT3 seems much more realistic. :thumb:

Phil. Let me take you out in my little Eaton M45 supercharged Mini. It doesn't sound anything like an NA, it whines throuigh the revs, and at 7200 it's basically shrieking at the front end while roaring at the rear - I've got a John Cooper Motorsport MINI Challenge (i.e. race) 4-2-1 manifold with a sports cat and the John Cooper Works exhaust from the cat back. This is basically the best combination you can put on a 1st gen (and the JCM is a rare thing). I might even have some drive-by video clips somewhere.

And yes, I'd love a GT for 65kGBP. I could even afford that if I sold my LHD C4S for what the insurers think it is worth in this market.

Thanks for your thoughts Max and Robert , I will bow to your knowledge as I was under the impression that the modern blowers were not loud and screamy, unlike the old school blowers that stuck up through the Bonnet that were . :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back