Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 brake refurb - keep the black or go red?

Counter Of Beans

Hockenheim
I'm a big fan of Pro-Calipers and am thinking of sending my non-S 993 C2's calipers to them for a refurb including powder coat. The calipers are, of course, currently OEM black. Question: should I stick with black, or go for Porsche red? The car is Midnight Blue and I think red would look nice. But then it might look like I'm pretending the brakes are Big Reds which they aren't.
I realise this is classic "first world problem" stuff but what do fellow forum members think? Red? Black? Something else?

I'd go red. Most can't tell the difference between big reds and stds painted red.

It will set the car off nicely :thumb:

Definitely red. Most can't tell the difference and anyway it's not about pretending to be BRs, they just look better in red.

Mine are in need of refurb and I've been thinking red too. Again not pretending to be BRs. Also thought that yellow might look good on midnight blue...and Porsche didn't do ceramics in those days.

I went red then wished I stayed black so changed them back - 'back in black'

I'm contemplating putting my clear indicators back on instead of original orange?? Rebellious or what!!

ColinC said:
I went red then wished I stayed black so changed them back - 'back in black'

Ah, AC/DC's finest hour, in my opinion.
Consensus seems to be "red"..........one of Sammy Hagar's best songs too.
Meanwhile, clear indicator lenses are my preference. I'm a rebel without a clue (nod to the late, great Tom Petty).

Black 💯

Red calipers that aren't Big Reds are a bit naff IMO

Or if your feeling like living dangerously what about the yellow they use on the modern cars with ceramics. Would look ace with your blue car

nickjonesn4 said:
Black 💯

Red calipers that aren't Big Reds are a bit naff IMO

Or if your feeling like living dangerously what about the yellow they use on the modern cars with ceramics. Would look ace with your blue car

The Turbo S 'Big Reds" were yellow. 8)

As "personalised" as my 993 is, I went Black.. Just seems right in imo.. 8)

Attachments

• img_0455_213.jpg
    img_0455_213.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 2,130
  • img_0456_100.jpg
    img_0456_100.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 2,130
  • img_0453_184.jpg
    img_0453_184.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 2,130
How about midnight blue as an alternative to black?

Not that I give two hoots about the colour of calipers, I've got big yellow six piston calipers on the other car with two piece discs and carbon-ceramic pads.

Billy Bumpsteer said:
I went yellow when I had mine refurbed. Yellow was an option back in the day.

That's interesting! For my money, I'd go yellow in that case on the basis that (1) it was an option back in the day and will look good with midnight blue, and (2) nobody can accuse you of 'pretending' to have Big Reds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back