Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 with Touring pack

I'm not sure how you can compare the turbo to a GT3. Completely different animals. For me, the turbo has always, and will always be, a sledge hammer. Effective, but only really designed for one thing. It's usually driven by hooligans. :p

The GT3, with the NA engine, is a purists machine I would say. And the Touring is the GT3 for those who don't need to shout. It's the perfect 911.

If you need to shout, buy a Lambo. :grin:

I get it 100%, the Touring is perfection for those that want the motorsport experience a GT3 can deliver, on the road, without all the trackday styling. Turbos are fast (ok, very fast) 911s.

991.2GTS said:
I'm not sure how you can compare the turbo to a GT3. Completely different animals. For me, the turbo has always, and will always be, a sledge hammer. Effective, but only really designed for one thing. It's usually driven by hooligans. :p

The GT3, with the NA engine, is a purists machine I would say. And the Touring is the GT3 for those who don't need to shout. It's the perfect 911.

Hmmmm, so you dont shout and pay 40k more :dont know: It makes no sense, if they were the same price yes, but id still want the shouty one :grin: (in yellow) of course :eek:

MJA911 said:
Market isn't exactly buoyant, some really lovely cars are spending a lot of time in showrooms with their prices being shaved every few weeks. Seen that with couple of lovely 991.2 GTS's at RPM. JZM have just taken a GT3 Touring in, up for £166,900, no pics yet. Very nice research before you buy project :thumb:

That one at JZM is Agate, and a decent spec too.

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1701/

spongebob squarepants said:
991.2GTS said:

Hmmmm, so you dont shout and pay 40k more :dont know: It makes no sense, if they were the same price yes, but id still want the shouty one :grin: (in yellow) of course :eek:

The only thing I don't like about the GT3 is the wing. I'd happily pay a premium to get rid of it. That's why the Touring is just about perfect for me, as the 911R was before that.

991.2GTS said:
MJA911 said:
Market isn't exactly buoyant, some really lovely cars are spending a lot of time in showrooms with their prices being shaved every few weeks. Seen that with couple of lovely 991.2 GTS's at RPM. JZM have just taken a GT3 Touring in, up for £166,900, no pics yet. Very nice research before you buy project :thumb:

That one at JZM is Agate, and a decent spec too.

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1701/

Lovely, but maybe a little too subtle for a Touring, Agate is very grown up and possibly the most unshouty colour of them all 🙂

991.2GTS said:

Well said.

For anyone else (like me) monitoring prices of the Touring pack models, both these cars I originally linked to seem to have sold recently, guessing for around £165-£170k.

Clearly market is not completely dead!

Poker2009 said:
For anyone else (like me) monitoring prices of the Touring pack models, both these cars I originally linked to seem to have sold recently, guessing for around £165-£170k.

Clearly market is not completely dead!

With just 47 C16 examples delivered to the UK, I guess supply is always going to be limited and that's going to keep prices strong. It'll be interesting to see how that changes when a 992 Touring is officially announced.

I still like that Agate example at JZM, that's been sat there for a while at £166k.

Have you seen this GT3?

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1705/

First one I've ever seen with a ducktail. Not sure what to make of that.

I thought that Agate Grey one at JZM would be right up your street Graham....
and the duck tail is not too shouty.....have you noticed the price drop........it's now £137,900........strangely low mileage though for two owners...only 940 miles...

Porschekit said:
I thought that Agate Grey one at JZM would be right up your street Graham....
and the duck tail is not too shouty.....have you noticed the price drop........it's now £137,900........strangely low mileage though for two owners...only 940 miles...

The Touring in Agate is John, but not this one. Presumably the tail will need removing and the wing being put back to make any warranty claim. I suspect that's why the price is where it is, as other than that the spec is very good. And mileage is ideal. If the wing hadn't been swapped out I imagine this would be a £150k car.

...blimey that Irish green one ! Perfection...don't like the Spoilers on any modern 911 aside from the automatic ones...

I have actually bought a Euro millions ticket tonight so who knows :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back