Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are the exhaust bolts M8 x 35mm?

Grey996

Nurburgring
And if so how many will I need please?

I've just ordered TopGear CATS so I'll be replacing all the fixing bolts as I'm guessing I'll need my angle grinder more than my spanner when I dismantle things.

I'm not touching the manifold by the way!!

Yes they are M8 x 35MM. Part number 900 074 287 02

Six of them in total.

Since you're asking I assume you will source your own. But for the benefit of anyone else reading this, do not waste your money on these from Porsche. They charge over £5 a bolt!

When I took my cats of I nipped into Homebase (nearest place) and got some yellow zinc high tensile M8 x 35MM ones.

They looked exactly the same as the Porsche ones and cost about £5 for 8...

Are they the exhaust flange bolts & would they be the same on a 991

Bolts

Funnily enough I picked up various clamps and baskets so that I can re-gasket and replace clamps on my 997s exhaust as it's leaking!
Picked up the bits from design 911 today but wouldn't pay the £3 per bolt they wanted!

Having just read this thread iv3 just ordered 6x M8 x 35mm marine grade Ss nuts and bolts for the very job you are proposing.

Just cost me £2.99 with free P&p from our friendly auction site.

My 997 (so slightly off subject) had new steel cat. to silencer bolts fitted about 6 months ago and had begun to start corroding.
Replaced them all (6) with stainless steel about 5 weeks ago.

30 mm bolts and All Metal Locking Nuts via internet.
25 mm bolts from local screw fixing shop.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-META...hash=item25a8fc6504:m:mXNVEkt7gyAPgTm5wkX0HOA

Went for Lock Nuts rather than plain.
These suckers go on tight and should never fall off.

Lower bolts easy. Top, difficult.

Attachments

• 9972_stainless_bolts_and_nuts_108.jpg
    9972_stainless_bolts_and_nuts_108.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1,018

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back