Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

914/4 knowledge ?

Lee997

Hi, you may have seen my post regarding the beautiful yellow 914 we have just taken in from a customer to look at changing a few bits and pieces!

So I'd like to ask the vast minds that make the forum for any knowledge regarding areas of improvement/ mods that are known to work on the 914/4.

We are already aware of the upgraded that can be made to the master cylinder increasing bore size from original 17.4 mm then the upgrade of 19 mm but also the bigger 23mm bore cylinder which we are looking into.

So I'd be very interested to hear of any known mods that can be performed?

Thanks Lee

Attachments

• b609a50d_5e9e_41fc_90d7_a42799cfdf8c_766.jpeg
    b609a50d_5e9e_41fc_90d7_a42799cfdf8c_766.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 1,929
Howdy,
One often overlooked is the brake proportional come ABS unit for the rear brakes. PMB do a rebuild kit which is well worth getting. Not difficult to rebuild but they are pretty much all seized up. Also anti roll bars (Sorry 'Sway Bars') will transform the handling :thumb: I would consider these before engine mods.

Have you taken a look at the DDK forum www.ddk-online.com?

They have a dedicated section for the 914

Mods!

'Chief". Not looking to mod the engine, more the mods you have described so thank you, very helpful?

'Rich I rich". No I haven't and will do many thanks.

Anything else you think of please do let me know.

Rgds Lee.

RichiRich said:
Also check out the American Rennlist Porsche forum who also have a dedicated section for the 914:

https://rennlist.com/forums/914-914-6-forum-64/

I'll take a look at this one aswell, would you believe I registered on the DDK site you suggested but didn't receive an acknowledgement email and am unable to log in?
If I try to re-register it says my username or email is already in use,
Says to contact an admin if an6 problems.. only I can't log in to tell an admin?.

Damm!

Lee997 said:
RichiRich said:
Also check out the American Rennlist Porsche forum who also have a dedicated section for the 914:

I'll take a look at this one aswell, would you believe I registered on the DDK site you suggested but didn't receive an acknowledgement email and am unable to log in?
Says to contact an admin if an6 problems.. only I can't log in to tell an admin?.

Damm!

email Bootsy @ DDK Classic Porsche <[email protected]>

DDK

dt4 said:
Lee997 said:
RichiRich said:

Damm!

email Bootsy @ DDK Classic Porsche <[email protected]>

Many thanks, I have emailed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back