Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

End of an era, start of a new one

MilSub

Spa-Francorchamps
Well, exactly a week ago my 993 was driven away by its new owner – it was a strange feeling and I will certainly miss that car. I had never planned to sell her, she was always going to be a keeper, but in life sometimes requirements can change and she has now gone to a new good home.

I had been the custodian for just over 4 years and have many happy memories of trips and adventures in the car, as a result of this forum I went on the 2016 Dinslaken trip where I met for the first time many people who have become very good friends since that trip, who are all passionate about their Porsches and if it were not for that car and this forum I would not have had the good fortune to have made their acquaintance and for that I will always be grateful. :worship:

As a part of ownership I have enjoyed all the fun and challenges that looking after a 993 brings with it, I have a warm feeling knowing that the car leaves me in a much improved, upgraded and in a better state of health than when it entered my ownership.

I will still be lurking on the forum, instead of my focus being on the 993 sub-forum, it will now be on the Cayman part of 911uk, as last weekend after having an empty garage for 3 days, I picked up a Cayman to replace the 993.

As we all know, the 'getting to know" a new car process can be enjoyably all consuming and I'm now trawling through the Cayman sub-forum, 'worrying" about engine oil types/grades, corroding air-conditioning radiators, PCM version anxiety, exactly <who> the Cayman Illuminati are and where precisely to attach the new CTEK comfort connector.

My search for the Cayman equivalent of a 993 wiper widget continues .. :grin:

Attachments

• tc_993_911uk_113.jpg
    tc_993_911uk_113.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 2,261
Good luck Tony ....... I hope you enjoy the Cayman ...... I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

:thumb:

Sad to see it go Tony, you had a good one.
Fond memories of that trip (I still remember the smell of fuel), and you are a gent.
Enjoy the Cayman, it still a Porsche so you aren't leaving us. :thumb:

Thanks guys .. I miss the old car more than I imagined I would. Had a good run out in the Cayman last Sunday, really enjoying the new car - with all the tech inside it feels like a spaceship compared to the old girl ..

Don't remind me about the fuel Barry, it's taken me a couple of years of going cold turkey, but happy to say that my V-Power sniffing addiction has now been conquered :lol:

:food: which model cayman

:useless:

It's a 2011 2.9 manual Jon ..

Will be posting more details on the Cayman sub-forum :thumbs:

Attachments

• tc_cayman_911uk_891.jpg
    tc_cayman_911uk_891.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 1,997
MilSub said:
........... and have many happy memories of trips and adventures in the car, as a result of this forum I went on the 2016 Dinslaken trip where I met for the first time many people who have become very good friends since that trip, who are all passionate about their Porsches and if it were not for that car and this forum I would not have had the good fortune to have made their acquaintance and for that I will always be grateful. :worship:

:bye: or should I say "Au revoir"

Absolutely Terry - it's only au revoir! :porsche: :drink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back