Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console delete

996john

Does anyone have a recomendation of the best place to buy the necessary trims for the center console delete mod?

I sold my original seats at the weekend and the chap also wanted the heated seat trim panel so the resulting hole in the dash has brought forward my console delete plans :grin:

I see that they sell the main section on D911 but wondered if anyone knew better?

Thanks,

John

OPC is best.

MC

Can't understand why people buy 'Porsche' parts from design911 when they are so often cheaper from the OPC (and D911 have twice sold me the wrong parts, something the OPC doesn't do - they check).

You have to call an OPC, or email them - D911 you can just buy what you want.

Convenience trumps price for many.

Carnewal also sell the kit its 217 euro delivered,

John how much was it from OPC? I also wish to get a kit soon,

Also to note, I called D911 a while ago to ask if the kit on the website was inclusive of the small plastic trim he said no and proceeded to look the part up for me to see what it costs extra and if i remember rightly we laughed as he said a price like 500+ for it! the chap on the phone even said he doesn't understand the price for a square of plastic! :?

Carnewal kit has everything included in the price I was quoted above though :thumb:

Always pays to shop around, if you have the time - Carnewal quoted €4,040 for a set of four BBS LM's, I found the same wheels from Driftworks were €3,355, a £600 saving (apologies for the mix of currencies).

I agree, I found stuff like anti roll bars and H&R springs cheaper on Larkspeed or Venonmotorsport than most other places!

JM30 said:

£206 for 4 pieces, the main carpeted part, the two carpeted side panels and the plastic bit that finishes off the now exposed centre console.

I was very pleased with the prices.

It's all on order but should be with me by the end of the week. Will update with some pictures once it arrives.

996john said:
JM30 said:

£206 for 4 pieces, the main carpeted part, the two carpeted side panels and the plastic bit that finishes off the now exposed centre console.

It's all on order but should be with me by the end of the week. Will update with some pictures once it arrives.

Sorry to be a lazy git, can you share part numbers you bought to get this done?
It's on my list of things to do just can't get around to browsing the part catalog!!

Pictures would be amazing too!

cvega said:
996john said:
JM30 said:

Sorry to be a lazy git, can you share part numbers you bought to get this done?
It's on my list of things to do just can't get around to browsing the part catalog!!

Pictures would be amazing too!

No problem, when I pick the bits up i'll get my invoice and post it on here :thumb:

It looks genuine to me and has the 2 side pieces included so you just need the plastic cover piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back