Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Autumn leaves & radiators... question

What I did is fit the mesh and also drill some decent sized holes at the lower far corner of the shrouds so when power washing it helps flush out the dirt etc. Whats left is usually just stones.
I know people will say that it wont then get full air through the rads but Ive noticed zero difference in running temps.
I also do an annual clean out, this was the last one after running most of last winter/autumn as well.

Attachments

• img_20190507_214655_729_164.jpg
    img_20190507_214655_729_164.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,958
JTT said:
Robertb said:
If you can operate a screwdriver you can remove the front PU.

To properly clean it all out you need to unbolt the condensers and move them aside to get at the rads... a lot of crud gathers around and between them.

There are some good how to's on YouTube if you feel adventurous...

This is absolutely true. Don't take for granted how much accumulates between the rads, that you can't see until taking them apart. This is the stuff that rots rads.

Yes this is what mine looked like when I bought the car...

Attachments

• dscn2920_edited_893.jpg
    dscn2920_edited_893.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 1,889
With the Zunsports there's a 20% discount via POC.

i mean PCGB. went back to my MG days MGOwnersClub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back